Had to start B-12 shots.

Tammy Douglas
on 5/5/07 11:44 am - Los Angeles, CA
I had my 9 month check up with Surgeon. Boy, He said I have lost about 65% of my eccess weight. Okay meaning what??? I had labs and am take vits, iron and now B-12 grrr. I have lost about 120-124 since day of surgery. My surgeons Goal for me is 149 with ideal being 129. My goal being 130 to 150. So about 40-50 pounds to go. I've only lost 2 pounds last month and 2 pounds the prior month and 8 pounds that prior. What is the issue HU??
Mariah
on 5/5/07 1:28 pm - Richmond, IN
If you had an RNY they consider it successful if you lose 70 percent of your excess wt over 18 months. So sounds to me like you are doing very well. Ive been told u have 18 months to really lose the wt we want to lose and if by this time we havent changed our eating habits considerably then thats when u will start gaining your wt back. So we are all 1/2 to the bewitching hr.....lol. Kinda scary if u ask me. Good luck on making your goal. Ive lost 165 lbs so far but I had over 200 to lose. At the rate Im going I will only be at 85 percent of my goal wt at 18 months. Which compared to where I was.....I'll take it. Mariah
Christina R.
on 5/6/07 1:48 am - Reston, VA
Tamera- I've been taking B-12 since right after post-op....I take it sublingually though (not a shot). My labs have been great...so just remember that they're making you do these things for your health. 65% already is wonderful! Like Mariah said, we don't always lose 100% of the excess weight, but heck...even if we get close we should all be happy and very proud of ourselves. Of course, getting to goal would be very satisfying! Also, remember that the closer to your goal weight you get the harder it becomes (so I'm told). My doctor said that after 18 mos to two years, we're just like non-surgical people as far as keeping the weight off....we have to make the lifestyle changes to maintain our loss. SO...keep the basics in mind and maybe tweak what you're doing a bit. If you've let the carb monster win too many battles, start fighting harder (I speak from my own battleground!). PROTEIN, WATER and EXERCISE! Those are our rulers and helpers to getting what we all want! Keep up the good work and be encouraged! Christina S
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views