have a question

mariany
on 5/10/07 11:43 am - endicott, NY
Ok been along time since i posted anything. just been busy. first of all want to congrat's all for doing great job. i am 10 months post op. i started at 404lbs. my highest. niow i am down to a 250 lbs.. i feel awesome. will snd pictures soon. i went fromsize 30-32 to a size 18 comfrotable.. and 14-16 what a feeling.. i had my dad's wedding out west and i actually wore a size 16 dress.. OMG. i could not believe it. but ok.. my question is .. i still have to loose a good 50 pounds.. i want for my goal to be 200,, i am 5'9 so that would be good for me.. any suggestions..\thanks.. and soo looking forward to hearing from you all.. maria
Amber B.
on 5/10/07 11:05 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Congrats, Maria! Sounds like you are right on schedule and doing very well. It's so exciting when we get into lower sizes. I started at 300 and I'm sitting at 201 and I'm 5'11 1/2 [I'm shrinking]. My doctor's goal for me is 180, my goal is 169. So I've still got another 20 - 30 pounds to drop. The standard for my height is 155, but that is WAY too skinny for this girl. I just want to be HEALTHY. All our body styles are different, so you just have to see how you feel when you get there. Keep on working at it, you'll be there in no time! Amber
mariany
on 5/11/07 11:34 am - endicott, NY
Amber, thank you.. for the words of encouragement. I too want to be healthy.. i just dont want to see myself fail. if that makes sense i would love to be 170 that would be awesome. but i know i hace to keep working at it. when did you have your surgery? talk to you soon.
Amber B.
on 5/14/07 1:37 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I had my surgery on 7/19. I've been discouraged lately, but talking about it on here helps. I know we can all do this!
Christina R.
on 5/11/07 7:24 am - Reston, VA
Maria- According to a BMI Calculator, 168/169 would put you into the "normal" category. That seems pretty light...I'm with Amber...going for healthy...your body will surely tell you (and us!) when it's done and ready to stop. My surgeon's goal for me is 142...but I'm only 5'6....and that sounds tiny to me, still!! Congrats on your progress so far! Christina S
mariany
on 5/11/07 11:36 am - endicott, NY
once again thanks for the words of encouragement. I to feel our bodies will tell us to stop. i know i can get down more just have to exercise more. i am not ready to be at a stand still. thanks again and hope to hear from you all soon. Maria
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views