10 MONTH ANNIVERSERY

Mariah
on 5/13/07 11:23 am - Richmond, IN
I updated my profile. I started out at 394 and today I was down to 227. I dont even recognize the body I see in the mirror. I noticed today my back in a mirror and I dont remember the last time I could see my spine...had to be when I was in college about 20 yrs ago. Im down just over 165 lbs and I lost 8 inches on my measurements just since last month. The last 2 weeks Ive been very fearful. Ive been wanting to eat all the time. I guess my body just needed the food to burn off these fat cells. Ive been exercising more too so maybe that been part of why my body was wanting more calories...its just a thin line to walk...dont want old bad habits creaping back in. I want to thank all of you for your support. Even if I dont have much to say some weeks Im usually checking the board every week several times.
Christina R.
on 5/14/07 12:14 am - Reston, VA
Mariah- You have done, and continue to do, wonderful! Your determination and support have been an inspiration. Christina S
Jandell
on 5/14/07 1:40 am - Glendora, CA
Congratulations Mariah, your done fantastic! You look amazing too. I miss your posts ... Jan
biggestlosersc
on 5/17/07 4:16 am - summerville, SC
you have done great,,maj condgrads,,,i know what you mean when you look at your self,,,,whats funny to me is to watch my shadow,,,,lol,,,i even like my shadow now,,,,wowo,,lol, your friend sandy
englishlady1
on 5/24/07 5:28 pm - Noblesville, IN
Mariah, Good to hear from you. Like you, this body of mine is a total stranger to me. And the fear...I'm telling you, I feel it too. The gals at St. V's said that the appetite would return at 9 months. They weren't kidding. I upped the exercise then got an infection that I used as an excuse to cut back on exercising. Except I didn't cut the calories. Oh brother. Talk about a few weeks of shame, terror, and all-out mad. When I realized that I had fallen into that old habit of "game playing"--you know where you cheat and lie to yourself about what it is you're really doing about your eating--I knew that my surgeon had been right all those months ago. He isn't a brain surgeon. He may have done my gut, but I'm the only one who can do anything about my head. He wasn't kidding. This past month has proven that to be true. So, I'm back to the serious exercising, so I can break this mental and physical plateau I've hit. Back to total honesty with myself and just plain back to committing myself to my goals: being fit, being happy, and being productive. All the best to you and keep at it. Englishlady1
Mariah
on 5/25/07 3:01 pm - Richmond, IN
Englishlady, Its good to see you post. I had been wondering if u were still on here and posting. Have you made it to your goal yet? I still have a long ways to go. Things have been crazy here. We just bought a new home...signed for it on Thursday. Then today my husbands car died. Im looking for a job closer to the new house since we are moving an hr from where we are now. Im not looking forward to that long drive. After we get the house ready and I get moved in Im planning on going to Indy for support groups at St V's and get some work done on my head....lol. Also, looking into having surgery again on my tummy and boobs around Christmas if I make it to my goal by then. Im even thinking about Lasix this summer. Its so exciting to be living again and not feel like Im tied to my bed. Thanks for posting Pamela
englishlady1
on 5/28/07 12:48 am - Noblesville, IN
Pamela, We've had some challenges here on the homefront too. My DH started dialysis in mid-February after several years of staving it off. The kidneys just finally went. So, we've been focusing on getting him into that routine and ultimately on the transfer list. He's lost about 90+ lbs strictly by portion control since my own surgery. Luckily his kidney disease is the type that responds very, very well to transplant. We're hopeful and keeping our sense of humor about it all. And when we can't keep smiling, we just hold on to each other. There's less of me to hold on to, no doubt about that . Between his loss (-90+) and mine (-164 lbs and counting), we've lost a linebacker . My surgeon and I never set a goal for losing, except my notion that I wanted to be in the normal BMI range for the first time since Jimmy Carter was president. My surgeon is thrilled where I am now: I'm officially out of the OBESE BMI category and just entered the OVERWEIGHT category. I've got another 30-35 lbs to lose, I think, before I hit that self-imposed mark. We'll see. I feel better certainly and I've re-energized my exercise program. As for plastics, yep...I've looked into it. My arms particularly. LOL, I could fly with these here bat-wings, I'm telling you! We're thinking "baby" though in the next 12-15 months, so anything in the way of body sculpting will have to wait until either the kid (or the kidneys) arrive. I don't post much but I do read up on all the doings of my fellow July 06ers. Congratulations to all of us and let's keep at it. Englishlady1
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views