Months wasted!

Mr. Jim P.
on 5/24/07 12:36 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Wow. I wasted months of my post-op time on a plateau of bouncing between minus 170 and minus 175 pounds. I'm one of those most unfortunately people who do not dump. No matter how much sugar I have, I can not and will not dump. My doc told me not to drink any drinks with sugars in them (orange juice, alcohol, etc), but he said if I can handle it, sugar in solid form wouldn't hurt me too bad if I kept my calorie count low. However, my body said "Nay nay!" Just about every day, I would have a small sugary snack, giving in to my craving. Yeah, I know, but if it wasn't for appetite and cravings, I wouldn't have needed the surgery in the first place. So, for about the past six months, I have been on a plateau. It depressed me a bit, but not too much, since at minus 173 pounds, I was able to move around without any pain and do most of what I used to do, such as going for long walks, mowing my own grass, etc. On Monday night, I decided to completely lay off the sugar. I still ate how I have been eating, several times a day, eating non-sugar carbs with my food, etc. I figured it wouldn't matter much, as unless I went all out Atkins, the scale just wasn't going to move again. So, Tuesday, I didn't eat any sugar. Lo and behold, Wednesday morning, I had dropped four pounds. The plateau from hell had been shattered!!! No sugar again on Wednesday. Got on the scale this morning, and I've dropped another three pounds! I've broken the 180 mark!!! Morale of the story: Dumping is a BLESSING!!! If you don't dump, stay off the sugar. PERIOD! It is good to be back in the game.
mrsk
on 5/24/07 4:44 am - somewhere in Wi, WI
Wow. Congrats on breaking that plateau. I've been on mine for about 3 months now, down between 117 and 120. Sitll have a ton to go. I did dump in the beginning but I haven't really done that in awhile. I have to cut out the sugary stuff again. Going out of town this weekend that should help some. Again Congrats. Missy
Christina R.
on 5/25/07 1:08 am - Reston, VA
Jim- Welcome back in the game. My progress has slowed as well, but still chugging along. I dump, but only if I knowingly over do it (ok, those 4-5 cookies just had to be eaten...and I paid dearly for it!). I need to get back to not snacking...it's killing my progress...although I know if I stepped up my exercise that would help too. Ahhh...the balancing act and motivation games we play! Congrats on getting back on track! Christina S
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views