Is anyone consider or had PS yet?

LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 5/31/07 12:04 am - FRANKLIN, MA
I have a consult in June but am thinking I may reschedule until after I meet with my Bariatric Surgeon. I'm HOPING my insurance will consider paying. I've lost 115 and just want to look like I feel. LOM
Jandell
on 5/31/07 1:29 am - Glendora, CA
Considering, but haven't done anything yet. I was told until your loosing less than 10 pounds a month not to go ... I'm still averaging 10 or more. Waiting for your 1 year follow-up might be good, you can talk to your DR and see who/what they recommend. Jan
Christina R.
on 5/31/07 4:11 am - Reston, VA
I'm also considering having some work done. I will probably wait to see if things work out with my hubby first though (if they do we'll likely have kids...no use getting PS before that!). BUT, I've also heard that you need to have maintained your weight for 6 months before they'll consider you....so since I'm losing at a decent clip (10ish pounds a month), I'll have to wait anyway. Best to you though.... Christina S
Amber B.
on 5/31/07 10:47 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I've considered it in my mind, but I was told to wait to 18 months, then you'd pretty much be maintaining from that point. I'm not done losing, I'm actually getting farther and farther behind. I'm hoping to switch it up soon. I figured I've waited over 10 years to lose all this weight, I can wait 8 more to get plastic surgery. I doubt I'll be able to afford it by then anyway! Let us know what happens! A
mrsk
on 5/31/07 11:56 pm - somewhere in Wi, WI
Always thinking about it. In Feb. our support group had a PS surgeon come in and talk to us. He said he commends 12 months and maintaining a weightloss plus at least 100 pounds down. I asked about having breast surgery and he said that if you have it too early you can still lose weight in them. This could cause uneven sizing or sinking in in spots (deforming). I almost cried. I think I can handle not having a tummy tuck for awhile but I'd like a breast lift. Plus insurance won't pay unless there is a major problem, so have to save save save.
Mollyfrise
on 6/22/07 6:04 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Well I've considered and I'm scheduled....Pretty much done losing, so therefore I'm very excited!!! First round August 1st. Now, for me, that's one way of celebrating my surgiversary eh?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views