Friday Five - Weekly Update!

Amber B.
on 5/31/07 10:42 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? 4. What was your biggest challenge? 5. Has anything weird happened because of this experience? Any additional surgeries? What comorbidities have you lost? *Fun bonus question: What's the least amount of money you would take to eat one of those nasty Madagascar hissing ****roaches? Have a good weekend, All! A
mrsk
on 6/1/07 12:01 am - somewhere in Wi, WI
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Cheddarwurst (camping), string cheese, chicken, taco salad 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? um um 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? lost 3 but it found me total 122 4. What was your biggest challenge? other people thinking I can have things I can't 5. Has anything weird happened because of this experience? Any additional surgeries? What comorbidities have you lost? Lost asthma, sleep apenea, high blood pressure, menstrual issues, back and knee pain, migraines, depression and a few friends.
Jandell
on 6/1/07 12:50 am - Glendora, CA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? All the normal stuff - but I did try something new as dared last week! I made homemade Mac and cheese with Barrilla plus pasta, I added in diced tomatoes too. Unfortunately as good as it tasted and as much as I wanted it, my little pouch let me know after 2 bites that I still can't eat starches! Hubby ate a few plate fulls and I gave the rest away. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? Walking and started back a****er aerobics 3 times a week ... love it! 3. How much weight did you lose? 1 pound Total loss? 168 gone forever 4. What was your biggest challenge? My Mom wanting to feed me thing I get sick on. 5. Has anything weird happened because of this experience? Weird - me wearing size 14's is weird! Any additional surgeries? YES - gallbladder and internal hernia, not to mention strictures. What comorbidities have you lost? Diabetes, borderline high blood pressure, borderline high cholesterol, sleep apnea, menstrual issues. *Fun bonus question: What's the least amount of money you would take to eat one of those nasty Madagascar hissing ****roaches? I could never do it, not even for a million dollars. Have a fantastic weekend! Jan
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/07 1:12 am - Sahuarita, AZ
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Turkey and black bean chili, McDonald's grilled southwest chicken salad (love these), taco salad, fish, yogurt, berries, apples 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? walking, went to the gym once 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? 3 pounds - 90 pounds 4. What was your biggest challenge? Exercising. I've lost my motivation. 5. Has anything weird happened because of this experience? Any additional surgeries? What comorbidities have you lost? Weird? People don't recognize me and I love it! I saw a woman yesterday I knew and I could tell she wasn't sure who I was. I asked her if she knew who I was and she shook her head no. So I showed her my work badge so she could see my name. He mouth dropped open and then she gave me a huge hug. I'm going to miss this when people get used to the way I look now . I also notice men looking at me differently and I'm not sure how I feel about that. No additional surgeries. Co-morbidities - I used to have high blood pressure - gone. I was lucky . . . I didn't have a lot of co-morbidities . . . yet. Diabetes and heart disease run in my family and I've hopefully heald them at bay by losing so much weight. *Fun bonus question: What's the least amount of money you would take to eat one of those nasty Madagascar hissing ****roaches? None. Nada. Couldn't do it. Not if it was alive and raw, anyway.
Christina R.
on 6/1/07 4:34 am - Reston, VA
1. What types of food did you eat this week? Chicken, salad, protein plus cereal, bananas, almonds, homemade pizza, and my something new: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls (YUMMO!!! THANKS TO YOU AMBER FOR THE RECIPE!!!) 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? light walking....nothing really aerobic 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? Total loss somewhere between 125-130...I lose a few, find them again, lose them and a few more again....... 4. What was your biggest challenge? still exercise and "life" mentally 5. Has anything weird happened because of this experience? Any additional surgeries? What comorbidities have you lost? Weird...isn't that a relative term!? Additional surguries include getting my gallbladder removed. I was cured from my Sleep Apnea, which was my only technical comorbidity. *Fun bonus question: What's the least amount of money you would take to eat one of those nasty Madagascar hissing ****roaches? I'm not sure Priscilla (my pouch) would like those...of course they probably are great protein. The amount would depend on my mindset that day.....somedays, no biggie, other days (most)....it would need to be a lot of moola.
pryncess_becky
on 6/1/07 11:48 pm - SOMEWHERE IN, IL
1. What types of food did you eat this week? chicken, veggies, applesauce, sugar free fat free ice cream, tacos minus shell, and my dare food was a bite of wheat bread with deli meat...ick...did not agree with me at all 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? started running ran a 1/4 mile 5 days this week and lifted weights 5 days this week different muscle groups. 3. How much weight did you lose? 2 Total loss? 80 4. What was your biggest challenge? eating enough, drinking enough 5. Has anything weird happened because of this experience? The attention from the opposite sex is really weird to me, and folding my laundry not knowing those little close are mine... Any additional surgeries? No surgeries What comorbidities have you lost? borderline diabetes, and all menstral issues *Fun bonus question: What's the least amount of money you would take to eat one of those nasty Madagascar hissing ****roaches? Couldn't eat one for all the money in the world.
Amber B.
on 6/3/07 10:11 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Just for Jan... 1. What types of food did you eat this week? the usual suspects. 2. What types of exercise did you do this week? Lots of walking and volleyball. 3. How much weight did you lose? Total loss? I think I lost a pound. Total 100. 4. What was your biggest challenge? More water. It's always about the water. Lack of motivation as well. 5. Has anything weird happened because of this experience? Any additional surgeries? What comorbidities have you lost? I haven't had any additional surgeries, thankfully they took my gallbladder at the same time or that would've been inevitable. I saw myself in a bikini top last night and I was actually surprised how good my top looked. Forget wearing one because of my stomach, but that was a nice surpise. I no longer have high blood pressure or cholesterol. I feel like a million bucks physically most of the time. *Fun bonus question: What's the least amount of money you would take to eat one of those nasty Madagascar hissing ****roaches? It wouldn't take much right now, I really want a new digital SLR camera, plane tickets to WA, and to get some plastic surgery. A couple grand would be nice!
Jandell
on 6/4/07 2:15 am - Glendora, CA
Thanks Amber! Congratulations on the 100 pounds!
Christina R.
on 6/4/07 6:52 am - Reston, VA
Congrats on the 100 pounds lost Amber! You're doing great! Christina S
Mariah
on 6/4/07 7:38 pm - Richmond, IN
Congrats Amber, I know it's so exciting to hit that 100 # mark. Im so happy for you!!! Mariah
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 917 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1046 views