New date, July 19!

Jacqueline H.
on 5/22/07 12:33 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
I was originally scheduled for May 29, but after having a "low sodium crisis" and spending three days in the hospital getting my electrolytes rebalanced, my surgical team wants to wait until July 19. I'm a little bummed it won't happen sooner, but at the same time, glad that they are on top of things enough to want to make sure I'm really at my best when they do it. (Accidentally dying on the table because of something like the low sodium? Not my idea of fun or theirs either, I guess!) And, hey, gives me two more months to lose some weight pre-surgery. I started on the liquid diet last week, but they want me to modify it to 2 high protein drink meals a day and one normal one, which is really an option I can live with. So ! I'm glad I at least have a date and a workable plan! Whee!
Donna B.
on 5/22/07 11:30 am - Somewhere in, VA
Congratulations!!!!! Hugs, Donna
Tweetssun
on 5/26/07 2:58 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Sorry that your day got bumped, but I am glad that they were on top of things to make you have the best chance at a successful surgery. We want you around for years to come, and I say better safe than sorry!
Jacqueline H.
on 5/28/07 6:59 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
I feel the same way, better safe than sorry. And I'm realizing it is actually going to work better for me in some ways I hadn't thought of before. So I guess things work out the way they are supposed to! Jacqi
Monica P.
on 6/11/07 10:52 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I just got my date today, July 19th! We're surgery sisters!!! Glad your surgery team is looking out for you!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 626 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views