hi all looks like I will be join ya

howard3020
on 5/24/07 8:13 am - wawaka, IN
dr told me today surgery should be july 9th or 10th not sure yet. but i will be starting my liquid diet next week and be on it for about 5 weeks. have any of you started your liquid diets yet? and how long you have to be on them? is anyone having surgery around the same date as me? brandy
DetroitGirl
on 5/24/07 1:04 pm
Hi Brandy! I'll be having surgery July 9th. I'm going away from the weekend and when I get back I'll be starting a mostly liquid diet to drop some weight before surgery. I'll mostly be doing 2 protein drinks a day (I like Isopure and Syntrax nectar) and then either soup or salad for dinner... I don't meet with my nutritionist until the last week in June, and i imagine after that (the 2 weeks before surgery) I'll be on an even stricter diet...
Tweetssun
on 5/26/07 2:52 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi...... My surgery is going to be on July 9th. I don't have to be any special diet. I even asked the surgeon if he required me to lose weight before hand. He said no, he doesn't require it, but if all of a sudden I gained a bunch of weight, depending on how much I would have to have surgery rescheduled. I did lose 5 pounds though, which I am very excited about. Have a good one
Donna B.
on 5/27/07 3:39 am - Somewhere in, VA
Hi Brandy! I am scheduled for July 10th. My dr. told me that my liver scanned showed an enlarged or fatty liver so he wants me to try to loose 10-15 lbs before surgery if possible. He didn't put me on a specific diet per say but I go to my pre-op appt about 2 weeks before surgery so I guess if I haven't lost enough by then he will probably put me on a liquid diet then. I am starting tomorrow on my own sorta liquid diet -- I will probably do what the other poster said with 2 shakes and then one sensible meal and see how that goes. Have you already started with your vitamins and things like that? I have started on those today. Good luck to you! Hugs, Donna
howard3020
on 5/27/07 4:49 am - wawaka, IN
no I havnt started my vitamins I am on vitamins but havnt started any for the surgery. I start my liquid diet this week so. that will be 3 or 4 shakes a day with nothing to eat that is how my dr does it so. Brandy
Betsy B.
on 5/30/07 12:52 pm - MN
I am set for July 10th, I have quit smoking, whew...tough stuff, but worth it! I start the 2 wk liquids on 6/25 and final pre-op on 7/5. my butt is still burnt from jumping thru Medica's flaming hoops, but, again, so worth it!! Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 626 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views