looking guant and hairloss

turtleof3
on 6/1/07 5:00 am - Stillwater, OK
What do ya'll know for sure about these subjects in regards to weightloss surgery??
Andi190827
on 6/1/07 3:55 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
Have you checked out the before and after pictures on this website? I think that will help you on the looking guant question (I haven't seen anyone looking guant, just healthy, happy looking faces). And the hairloss. Yep, that can happen. It happens with any surgery. It also happens post-partum. Both of my pregnancies about 3 months post-partum I'd start losing hair. But no one could tell. Though looking at the drain after a shower you'd think someone would notice, but it really wasn't even noticeable. I'm expecting hairloss again after WLS as well, because I'm pretty sure that is how my body reacts to that kind of shock. But just remember if it does happen to you, it only lasts for about 3-6 months, it is often unnoticable and it grows back (probably healthier than before). Good luck! Andi
turtleof3
on 6/4/07 5:42 am - Stillwater, OK
Thanks Andi, I appreciate your response and your time. sincerely Kristin
Linda_S
on 6/3/07 5:51 am - Eugene, OR
I've read lots about these things. I can't imagine that I will ever look gaunt, but if that happens, I'll have them suck some of the fat out of my knees (notoriously hard to lose fat) or my butt and inject it into my face! If my hair falls out too much, I'm buying myself a nice wig or two. The hair will eventually grow back! Linda
mtowngirl
on 6/4/07 8:50 am - Indianapolis, IN
Kristin, My surgeon says of all the surgeries he has done he has only had 1 case of a lady who's hair really fell out terribly. She ended up being almost bald. Her hair did grow back, and even she said she was not sorry she had surgery. My point being yes it sounds like everyone has a little hair loss, but not to servere normally. Here's to hoping we don't need wigs! Pauletta
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views