I am worthy , right?? BMS

turtleof3
on 6/1/07 5:05 am - Stillwater, OK
My BMS at 39 at 4'11.Kristin The doctor has accepted me , can I feel deserving? Will I get too small????
Andi190827
on 6/1/07 3:46 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
Do you mean BMI (Body Mass Index)? A BMI over 35 with co-morbidities or over 40 with no co-morbidities is usually the standard qualification for weight loss surgery. Are you worthy and should you feel deserving? Absolutely!! Everyone deserves to be happy and healthy. It is better to do something now then to wait for your health to get worse. Of course you deserve it! As to "will I get too small?" you control that. The surgery only gives you a tool, it doesn't take over your body. You use the tool (through diet and exercise) to help you lose the weight. Once you get to your desired weight you can change your diet to maintain your weight. Remember too though, if you abuse the tool you can gain the weight back. Use the tool wisely and your body will get you to a healthy weight for you. Good luck in your journey! Andi
valarie_0305
on 6/2/07 3:50 am - Elyria, OH
I am struggling too! your not alone. Blessings! Valarie
Linda_S
on 6/3/07 5:48 am - Eugene, OR
My BMI was 40.1 when I went for my consultation. I'm now at a BMI of 36. I'm not at all concerned that I'll get too small. And YES - you are worthy! Everyone deserves good health. Chin up and carry on! Linda
turtleof3
on 6/4/07 5:40 am - Stillwater, OK
Thanks Linda, you're awesome! Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!