Bad girl - gained wt before surgery ... HELP!

martini-gal
on 6/7/07 4:04 am - Naples, FL
I did get a surgery date for July 23rd and that's only if I can get a few pounds off. My initial visit with the surgeon was in February 07 and was told to "try" and lose weight before his final OK, after all the other doctor's had approved me for surgery which has now been completed. Now I have gained 10 pds and I was suppose to lose 20 pds before surgery. I did speak with a nutrionist but she was not informative. So now I am trying to do a slim-fast for breakfast, sensible lunch and slim-fast for dinner. But my concern is I need more protein and it was not explained to me where I can get the best formula for protein. Can someone please suggest a protein shake that doesn't taste like dirt?? I have to go back in 2 weeks for a weight check. If I pass and have shown that I have lost weight my surgery date will NOT be cancelled. I have been working on this for 1-1/2 years so now I'm getting anxious to feel better!
DetroitGirl
on 6/7/07 7:26 am
There's a low-carb chocolate shake made by Isopure that i think is actually very tasty... I mix it with unsweetened soy milk, but you could certainly do it with skim milk or water (doesnt taste as good with water). I also have been drinking the Isopure ready-to-drink bottles, which can be picked up at The Vitamin Shoppe if you have one near you... Each bottle is 40 grams of protein, no fat, no carbs... The're fruit flavors and have a slightly milk-y taste (it's a milk protein) so I'd recommend the peach or something that isn't awful when mixed with a 'creamy' taste... They're very convenient... There's also a company called Pro-fect that makes little protein 'bullets'. It's less than 4 ounces and each bullet has (i think) 25 grams of protein, no sugar and no carbs... they taste like jello or something similar...
martini-gal
on 6/7/07 10:41 am - Naples, FL
Thanks Raphie for the information. I believe there is a Vitamin Shoppe here. I have friends who suggest going to GNC to buy their protein shakes but I'm still debating since they can be expensive. I don't want to try something that I'm not going to like. I saw that there were protein shakes for weightlifters, *****quire a lot of protein. Since I'm still a new kid at this .. what number am I to aim for regarding protein? I know I want the lowest carb and sugar but still confused on how much protein I need each day.
emmier
on 6/8/07 10:13 am - MA
Hey, I have tried to find Pro-fect bullets and can't. Are they at GNC?
Linda_S
on 6/7/07 10:52 am - Eugene, OR
I don't think you need to worry about how much protein you are getting until after your surgery. For now, just concentrate on losing the weight. You don't want to lose your opportunity because of 20 pounds! I use EAS 100% Whey Protein, but basically bought it so I can have it after surgery. The nutritionist gave me a sensible 1200 calorie diet and I've lost 25 lbs. so far. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views