Pantry/refrigerator preparation

kandmh
on 6/7/07 6:10 am - Alvarado, TX
is anyone already cleaning out the pantry and thinking of what to stock it with for post op. I know I'll need SF jello and pudding, but I'm not sure what kind of protein shakes to buy. Has anyone run across a "shopping list" so to speak for the first weeks/months post op? Thanks in advance!
emmier
on 6/8/07 10:07 am - MA
Hi, Isopure at GNC is great! High in protein and isnt a thick drink!! You can have any shakes that are low carb. ATKINS has a good one. Hope this helps.
kandmh
on 6/8/07 2:34 pm - Alvarado, TX
Thank you!!
Linda_S
on 6/9/07 2:07 pm - Eugene, OR
Weightloss Surgery for Dummies is a great book to get. It tells you all sorts of things to expect, types of foods to have, and gives lots of tips and recipes. My nutritionist suggested buying several cans of healthy choice or healthy request soups, blending them up so they are smooth, and then freezing very small portions in little cups. They can be reheated later on. I've tried several of the protein powders and I like just about all of them, but my favorite is the Unjury. Oh - I also read that you should get some powdered milk. It is a good think to add to soups, etc., for added protein. Linda
PAULA A.
on 6/13/07 3:03 am - WEST WARWICK, RI
Hi Kim, I just cleaned my pantry out on Sunday. I could not believe all the stuff in there that I did not need. I found one can of pumpkin puree that must have had a pinhole in it because it was only dry stuff shaking around in there. I will tackle the fridge this week, but I had already done some sorting out earlier. Then I will be ready to go and stock up on all the post op foods. Take care, Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views