have a date finally

amylh2006
on 6/7/07 12:57 pm - lynn, MA
I have been approved in only a few weeks and since I had to do everything before I could send to the insurance company the doc was able to set a date right away. so on june 1st I was told my date was july 16 which is only about 5 weeks away. any one else have to start a liquid diet 2 weeks before ? I am a little worried about this. afriad I won't be able to do it. good luck to you all I am waiting and very excited
Linda_S
on 6/7/07 2:00 pm - Eugene, OR
Congratulations Amy. I'm fortunate in that I don't have to do the liquid diet before sugery (I'm on July 24th), but I do plan on eating very lightly in the days before surgery. I've heard horror stories about trying to go to the bathroom after surgery, so I don't want to have a lot in there to try to move out. Perhaps the liquid diet is the way to go!! Linda
Jean M. B.
on 6/8/07 6:41 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Amy! My surgeon requires the two week liquid diet, too. I can have a protein drink (3x/day), water, crystal lite, sugar free jello and sugar free popsicles. I actually did really well on my first time around, 11 days and lost 20lbs. Unfortunately, my surgery had to be rescheduled and I have to do the 2 weeks over!!! My date is 7/10. It wasn't so bad after the first few days and the wt loss was reinforcing! Good luck to you on your journey! I can't wait for my new date! Take care, Jean
FlaDandi
on 6/8/07 1:45 pm - Sarasota, FL
Hi Amy. I got a date of July 9. I haven't heard yet what my exact diet will be BUT my huband had surgery about 1.5 weeks ago and he only had to do three days of liquid, last day nothing but clear and drink a bottle of laxative. The only thing I heard was that you really can not gain anything and need to do everything you can to shrink your liver before surgery... my hubby says he wished he started sooner so I am going to try doing protein shakes and one meal for two weeks and then the fluids for two weeks... anything to keep my date from moving! ALSO keep your fingers crossed they are submitting my insurance on Monday and lets see what happens...
iwantwls
on 6/14/07 11:15 pm
Hi Amy, My date is July 7th and I have to do a 2 wk. diet also. Someone told me after the first few days its not so bad. My diet will start June 22. My big hurdle was stopping smoking. Fortunatly, My pcp gave me some xanax and its helping me. so good luck and we can DO THIS! Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views