Encouragement from a July 2006 WLS Grad

Christina R.
on 6/8/07 1:17 am - Reston, VA
Hello all! I just wanted to encourage each of you at this stage of your journey! You are preparing for a wild adventure that will have it's ups and downs....and it's worth it! I can honestly say that even though I'm not at my goal, or in onederland yet, the approx. 140 pounds gone from my body have made every step of this journey worth it. Do not let others discourage you or get you down. I know at this point in my journey (one month pre-op) I was going through a ton of emotions...excited, scared and all in between! Some advice....learn the new habits quickly and as soon as you're cleared get into and stay with an exercise program. I'm still struggling with exercise because I didn't incorporate it into my new life quickly. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions...I strive to be encouraging yet honest with my support here. Best to each of you! Christina S
TESSIE59
on 6/8/07 5:19 am - Frewsburg, NY
Christina.........I can't tell you how happy I was to read your post. My surgery is scheduled for July 18th and all of those emotions I go through about 10 times a day. 140 pounds. Fantastic job. Thank you so much for the post of a grad, it really helped this pre-op.
Linda_S
on 6/8/07 10:30 am - Eugene, OR
Thanks so much for the support. I've been reading Weightloss Surgery for Dummies, trying to get ready for this adventure. 140 pounds in less than a year! WOW -- you should be very proud. Linda
kandmh
on 6/8/07 2:36 pm - Alvarado, TX
Just as the others have written, thank you so much for the extra encouragement and support!! Awesome job on loosing 140 lbs!! Fantastic!!
Joy T.
on 6/9/07 2:18 am
thanks for taking the time to post on July 2007. That was so thoughtful of you! I know as I pass through my pre-op months I do go through so many feeling. I too believe exercise is one of the main keys to succes. thanks again Christina
Amber N.
on 6/17/07 12:28 pm - Lehi, UT
Christina, Thank you so much for your post. It helps to know that others who have gone through the same thing I am getting ready to do. 140 pounds is wonderful. I read your post about bathing suit shopping and I can't wait to be able to buy a size and feel cute in also. Enjoy many more happy shopping moments! Best of luck with your contiuned success! Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views