Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies

Linda_S
on 6/12/07 4:45 am - Eugene, OR
How many of you have this book? I got a copy and am so glad I did. It answers a lot of the questions that we ask each other here and gives lots of helpful information. The BEST part is (especially for an older person like me) that you can keep going back and re-reading when you've forgotten what you read or where that post was that had the information that you needed! I really think it is well worth the price. Linda Looking forward to July 24th!
Jacqueline H.
on 6/12/07 6:07 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
It was the first book I read on the surgery and I learned so much from it! Since then I also read "Weight Loss Surgery: A LighterLook at a Heavy Subject" and THAT has become my new favorite reference, though. It goes into some more detail in some areas than the Dummies book did and I really appreciate that. The writer's style is very light and humorous, but he still packs in an incredible amount of good information. He is a doctor apparently associated with OH, too, which I didn't know until I got to very end of the book -- Dr. Terry Simpkins. I definitely recommend it. I LOVE the way you have your date in your sig. Forgive me, but I intend to steal that idea! Jacqi Looking forward to July 19
Linda_S
on 6/12/07 6:29 am - Eugene, OR
Oh cool! Thanks for the tip Jacqi! I can always use another book to help me through this. I am so excited. It's almost like if you decide to take a trip and you want to read all the travel guides so that you don't miss a thing while you're there! Linda Looking forward to July 24
Gi-Gi
on 6/12/07 6:10 am - IN
Thanks, Linda. I will have to go and by it. I watch a lot of the surgery channels and try to get some info. But it would be nice to have the book at my finger tips.
DetroitGirl
on 6/12/07 11:48 am
hey Linda, I have the dummies book and the thing I like about it is that I can read it in little chunks, depending on what topic has gotten my interest on a given day. I'm also going to have it available for my friends and family who might be curious as to exactly what i'm going through... I also got another book that i forget the name of, but it was something along the lines of questions and answers about gastric bypass... and it's just that, a books worth of common questions and answers...
lennaslimo
on 6/17/07 9:38 am - Southaven, MS
i didnt know there was a book, i will have to get it. i want to get a book to read after my surgery anyway. take care all and i hope your surgeries goes well. i will know friday when i will be having gastric. am looking forward to being healthy. will let you know the weekend when mine will be. god bless.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views