Starting my liquid diet tomorrow!!

rchllaw
on 6/15/07 2:20 pm - Loves Park, IL
RNY on 07/06/07 with
I am starting my liquid diet tomorrow in prep for surgery! I don't have to start it until next thursday, but I am going to Kansas City for work on Thursday and don't want to go through the hardest days being away from home. I only have 20 more days till surgery and I am so excited. I can't wait to move over to the losing side and the future!!! We are all going to do great!!!!
Abbey B.
on 6/16/07 6:25 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I am also starting my liquid diet tomorrow. Good Luck, I'll be thinking of you! Abbey
ericazc
on 6/16/07 6:30 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hi Ladies, Good luck starting your diets...I don't technically have to start mine until this coming Tuesday, but I started last week just to get the ball rolling. It is not so bad...I actually really like the protein I got from bariatriceating.com, but the biggest issue I had (at first) was being EXTREMELY tired and sluggish. My biggest piece of advice (in case you haven't already heard it) is to start the sublingual B vitamins NOW if you haven't already. Once I started taking those, my energy was back! Have Fun! Erica
rchllaw
on 6/16/07 7:48 am - Loves Park, IL
RNY on 07/06/07 with
I am doing ok on it but I had to go to the grocery store to get milk and water. Boy was that a mistake! Now I am super hungry! The liquid diet that the surgeon wants us to do is : 5 cups of carnation instant breakfast SF of course 64 oz of water or sugar free liquids, including broth OR 5 cans of SF slimfast I am doing the CIB and it is actually really yummy! I just started my Vitamin B and am waiting on a shipment from Bariatric Advantage for the rest of my vitamins.
rchllaw
on 6/16/07 1:24 pm - Loves Park, IL
RNY on 07/06/07 with
ok I cheated!!! I made a pot of homemade broth and decided to try out pureed chicken. It was actually good! I took a little piece of chicken, a piece of carrot, a piece of onion and some broth. Then blended it to the consistancy of babyfood and gave it a try. Even my husband liked it LOL WOOHOO this will be easier than I thought!
Abbey B.
on 6/18/07 6:43 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Oh my goodness, I am starving. The hardest part for me is making meals for the rest of the household and not getting to eat it. The best part of my day was malt o meal! I never thought I'd look forward to malt o meal. I'm trying to keep really busy. Take Care, Abbey
Jean M. B.
on 6/18/07 6:44 am - St. Cloud, MN
How's the LD going, Rachel? I hope very well!!! I'm thinking of doing the same this, that is, starting the LD early. We are going to do great! Jean
rchllaw
on 6/19/07 6:53 am - Loves Park, IL
RNY on 07/06/07 with
Well I am doing pretty well on it. It gets easier as the days go by. I have lost 3 pounds since I started it so that's good Especially since I started taking B12 and my multivitamins from Bariatric Advantage. How is it going with everyone else?
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views