July 3rd Babies Where r U??? :dance:

MsGriff07
on 6/17/07 5:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
Anybody with a July 3rd Rebirth ...Let's all stay in touch and keep track of our progress:clap:
Jean M. B.
on 6/17/07 10:28 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Carla! My date isn't until 7/10 but I'm jealous of you 7/3s! It just can't come fast enough for me. Kind of a WOW moment happened this weekend for me... I was looking in my closet and thought "Hey, I won't need these clothes next year...they won't fit"! Wow! How about you? Good luck and take care, Jean
MsGriff07
on 6/17/07 1:57 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Jean Good Luck on your 7-10-2007 Birthday!! :bow: I did't think about the clothes yet but now that you mentioned it:idea: it's going to be a blast. I just want to walk into a Victoria's Secret without being looked at Like why is she here? Why for the Bath gel of course:lol: Well we'll be on this journey together.....Two beautiful butterflies!!! I'm starting out at 253 last time I checked but I go to Pre-op this coming Wednesday and I'll know for sure then. I'll keep you updated Carla
Jean M. B.
on 6/18/07 1:12 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Carla! I know what you mean about Victoria's Secret!! I've never stepped foot in there bc of worrying about what people would think! Makes me sad but mad, too. Bigger women can and are sexy!!! Why can't they make pretty little things for us? Anyway, thanks for the kind words...love that metaphor of butterflies!! My last wt on doc's scale was 265. My highest was 282! I just can't believe that I weigh that much! My scale says 266 but it's always lower than the docs. Anyway, I have to go for a pre-op exam soon and will see then where I'm at. Good luck on your pre-op! Hope you pass with flying colors! Let's stay in touch! Take care, Jean
Abbey B.
on 6/18/07 6:47 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Hi, my surgery is also on July 3rd and today is my 1st day of the 2wk liquid diet prior to surgery. All I can think about is malt o meal and when I get to have it again. I just made out my shopping list and menu for the week and I am going to just die making dinners for my family that I can't eat. Do you guys have a liquid diet prior to surgery? Take Care Abbey
MsGriff07
on 6/18/07 8:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Abbey No liquid diet yet!! but I'll know this Wednesday:angst: The days are going so fast The 3rd will be here before you know it....Your good... I havent thought about the meals for family dinners hmmm. I better start thinking about it huh? What kind of liquids are you required to drink? and for how long? I'm curious
MsGriff07
on 6/18/07 8:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Jean Today I was in a rather high end department store today (for hubby) ...anyway i used to shop there....They actually were one of the few and I mean few retailers that sold clothes for us. (Apple type women) Meaning the clothes didnt look like potato sacks and were quite fashionable i might add when you came into the store the Apple size was right there smack dab on the main floor NICE... finally some forward thinking people Nice clothes over the size of 16 WHAT? where am I? am i dreaming? Apparently yes .....sound effect of a record being scratched. Well someone must have been offended because now they moved the Apple size in the basement in the corner and now they look like potato sacks with pretty colors instead of the plain brown sack.WOW I'm really P.O ed wasnt in there for me anyway(remember hubby) I just looked disgusted and then my daughter says to me Mom why are you mad.. who cares and why are you looking at these clothes You're not going to fit them anyway after a couple of months so Who cares :tongue: Teenagers can be so cute !!!
Jean M. B.
on 6/18/07 11:18 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Carla! Your daughter IS right, tho! In the meantime, I have been so sick of not being able to find stylish clothes. I need to wear dress clothes for work and it has been getting more and more difficult to find anything, especially, as I got bigger and bigger! I recently moved into 4x or size 30-32. I swore that wouldn't happen but it did. Retailers are crazy not to sell clothes for apples, isn't it 60% or more of the US pop that are obese? Well, I'll quit pouting and remember what your daughter said: "...why are you looking at these closthes. Your're not going to fit them anyway after a couple of months so Who Cares!!!" Jean
alitria
on 6/19/07 5:06 pm - AK
I'm also a July 3rd person as of this afternoon. I can't believe it's finally happening! I've been fighting my insurance for 2 years so this feels like a miracle. I'd love to meet people and stay in touch because all of my supportwill have to be done online since there are no support groups anywhere near me. Congrats everyone!
MsGriff07
on 6/20/07 11:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Elizabeth CONGRATS!!! :thumpsup:on your July 3rd Birthday Wow two years is a long time but at least you won the fight...Have you started any liquid diets yet? I went to my Pre-op today and found out I lost 6lbs.No liquid diet until July 2nd and then 9 days after that. How about you? Everybody's Drs. are different, so I hear different ways that people are prepared for surgery. It doesn't matter as long as it's done right and we're happy and healthy after.Are you nervous and excited at the same time ? It's amazing how many emotions are involved with this decision for some it was an easy decision and for others not so much It took me 6 years or better and a embarrassing episode on a roller coaster to get to this but I'm glad I did! New life, New Look New Friends Life is Good!!! Keep me posted Carla
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 626 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views