Good morning, Fellow Julyers!

Jean M. B.
on 6/18/07 12:31 am - St. Cloud, MN
Don't cha just hate people who are bright and bubbly in the morning and Monday mornings at that! lol It's seems weird to me that different doctors have different requirements pre-surgery. What's that all about ???? My doc has me on a 14 day liquid diet pre-surg (starts 6/26) and I've read where some only ask for a day or a weekend. Then, again, some docs say loose a certain amount of weight first! Talk about confusing. Of course, I think we should follow our own doc's recommendations, but still...... I've actually been thinking about starting the LD early to get a jumpstart on my weight loss! Am I Crazy? I just can't wait for the surg to be over and to start my second life as a thin person!!! Take care, Jean
Linda_S
on 6/18/07 2:49 am - Eugene, OR
Hey Jean! I agree - the difference is maddening. My doc requires no liquid diet at all before the surgery, but I've heard enough about bad post-op constipation problems that I will definitely be eating very lightly in the days before surgery. We do need to lose weight beforehand to shrink the liver and make it lots easier for the surgeons to see what they're doing. If you can start the diet earlier, more power to you! I think in the long run, it would be better for your health. Linda
Monica P.
on 6/18/07 5:26 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Good Morning! I'm not a morning-person either, but I already had breakfast and some time to wake up. My doc only requires clear liquids the day before, I think I'll eat lightly the day before that....if I can.
MsGriff07
on 6/18/07 8:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
Wooo Whoo me too!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/07 12:20 pm - Los Angeles, CA
It IS nuts! My surg center requires two days of liquid diet pre-surg. Of course, my two days are a SAT & SUN! BOOOOO! Oh well... They'll even turn me away if there's a trace of waste in my bowel. So soups & protien it is! We've come this far not to listen to what our docs say. YAY for July!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views