After nearly 2 years of dealing with my insurance I finally have a surgery date! Am I dreaming?!

Leslie S.
on 6/20/07 11:48 am
Oh my goodness! After nearly two long, hard, stressful years of dealing with my insurance company I finally got approved! I haven't received the letter in the mail yet, but I have been calling the insurance company nearly everyday checking on the status of my appeal. They finally made a decision on Monday 6/18 and when I called to check today they told me that I had been approved!!!!! I just can't believe it! I feel like I am dreaming! Am I on Cloud 9?! My surgery date is Thursday July 19th!!!! I just can't believe it's true!!! I just never expected to hear this! Congrats to all of you who are having your WLS in July!!! Cheers to me! Leslie
john L.
on 6/20/07 12:25 pm - fresno, CA
Congrats Leslie, I will be right behind you on July 23. I cant wait to watch my new life unfold. Good Luck to you and will keep you and all the Julyers in my prayers. Talk at ya soon John
Leslie S.
on 6/20/07 12:55 pm
Thank you so much! I understand! I can't wait to have a new chance at life! Congrats to you too...a few days after me! Leslie
Donna B.
on 6/20/07 12:50 pm - Somewhere in, VA
Congrats Leslie!!! Wow -- a 2 year battle with insurance. I am in awe of you! Good luck to you! Hugs, Donna
Leslie S.
on 6/20/07 12:58 pm
Thank you! Yep...it's been a long two years. Numerous denials from insurance companies, one surgery date that was cancelled due to insurance troubles and finally....something positive!! Good luck with everything your way, as well!! Leslie
Leslie S.
on 6/20/07 12:58 pm
Thank you! Yep...it's been a long two years. Numerous denials from insurance companies, one surgery date that was cancelled due to insurance troubles and finally....something positive!! Good luck with everything your way, as well!! Leslie
TESSIE59
on 6/20/07 1:16 pm - Frewsburg, NY
Congratulations......My date is July 18th
Leslie S.
on 6/21/07 4:22 pm
Congrats on your surgery, as well!!! I bet you are as excited as I am!
Monica P.
on 6/20/07 3:30 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Wow, Leslie!!! Congrats on getting approved and getting your date. I fought the insurance company with the help of my attorney and we won... in fact, over on the Cali board they have a name for fighters like you and me: Dragonslayers!!! Welcome to the losing side, dragonslayer!!!!
Leslie S.
on 6/20/07 4:08 pm
Thank you!! Congrats to you, too!! I can't wait to finally have this done and I know that you can't either!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views