Liquid diet

Betsy B.
on 6/24/07 12:23 pm - MN
Ok, I cleaned out the fridge, and the cupboards, I start the 2 week liquid diet tomorrow. Surgery set for July 10th. Wish me luck, and a prayer or two wouldnt hurt either!! Thanks!!
TESSIE59
on 6/24/07 12:45 pm - Frewsburg, NY
Sounds like you are all set. I pray God gives the comfort and strength that you need.
amylh2006
on 6/24/07 3:37 pm - lynn, MA
I know you can do it. this surgery mean to much to all of us to screw it up by not doing what we are supposed to like a liquid diet. lucky for you you can clean out your fridge and cupboards. I have 3 children who still need to eat while I am on a liquid diet. so I plan on keep only kid food in the house, mac & cheese , hotdogs, chicken nuggets, etc. this is going to work for you and you can do it
Betsy B.
on 6/24/07 10:39 pm - MN
Luckily, DH is on a dr approved diet as well, and I told the kids, (20 and 18) they have to feed themselves till we get through this!! In all, everyone one is really supportive! Good luck to you...
Jean M. B.
on 6/25/07 12:38 am - St. Cloud, MN
Betsy, we are surgery sisters! My date is 7/10, too and I'm starting the LD tomorrow as well! Good plan...to clean out fridge and cupboards! I stocked up on sugar free jello and popsicles!!! I'm using Slimfast with protein and I bought some Unjury (unflavored) for my protein. I started my Flintstones chewable vitamins today. If you look at my blog, you'll see that I've been thru this before, when my surg had to be cancelled!!! It's only me and my DH at home now, our girls are 30 and 32 yo, so I don't have to worry about preparing meals for the family, either. My DH is to fend for himself! He was supportive before and said he ate less because he felt guilty that I couldn't eat what he was having! Actually, he has decided to have WLS, too! Anyway, Betsy...we can do this!!!! Take care, Jean
Betsy B.
on 6/25/07 2:49 am - MN
Yay!!! Liquids, I am having so much fun!! Its just a matter of a few days, 14 to be exact, I figure, this is a small price to pay to get what I have wanted for so long!! Good luck, lets keep in touch!! Thanks for the encouraging words, every last one helps!! Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 626 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views