I'm Worried Guys...

Caliqt03
on 2/21/08 11:45 am - Richmond, TX
On July 26th, I will be 7 months out. I've lost a total of 63 lbs and struggle with those last three (they are up and down each week.) I feel like I should have lost more weight than that. I'm happy with what I've done but I think that I'm done losing. I can't get this last 20 lbs off. I get in my protein, my water, my vitamins, I walk about 3 to 5 times per week. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to jump start this thing again? Help!!!!
H A.
on 2/21/08 1:21 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I wish I knew what to tell you, hence my post "I'm freak'n...no, I'm cool" post below. I think in my mind that we must be able to get this last bit of our weight off, but it freaks me out at the same time. It messes with my mind. Who is going to give us some positive love here???? Heidi
Caliqt03
on 2/22/08 12:15 pm - Richmond, TX
Hey Heidi! I guess we gotta hang in there together huh?!?!? I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this. The conclusion that I've gotten is to up my calorie intake and up my exercise. Makes sense...let's try it. Keep me posted on your progress. I've also decided to try the five day pouch test to see if I can give my metabolism and weight loss a jump start. Fran
H A.
on 2/22/08 9:58 pm - NOR CAL, CA
When are you doing the 5dpt? Maybe we should try together?
Caliqt03
on 2/23/08 9:27 am - Richmond, TX
Do you want to start fresh for Monday? Let's do it!
Caliqt03
on 2/23/08 9:29 am - Richmond, TX
Thank you for the comment on my photo!!! That made me feel goo!! lol!!! oh by the way...what does FGH stand for? I need to know so I can use it and sound cool when i text my friends and kids! lol!!!
Andi190827
on 2/22/08 4:57 am - Fort Leavenworth, KS
Sweety you started out as a lightweight, so don't concentrate on the pounds you've lost. Instead look at the percent of the excess weight you've lost; you've done great! We are only 7 months post-op; there is NO WAY we are done losing weight yet! I've been in a stall for the past 17 days. I've experienced many stalls since July and they've always passed. This one will too, for you and for me. Just keep doing what you are doing with the protein, water, exercise, etc. Sometimes our bodies just need a brake, you've been working it hard. But something you can look at is your calorie intake. If you are getting too few calories your body will stall out. It might be time to go up a 100 or 200 calories. (I did this with my pervious stall before this one and it worked like a charm). Gone are the days of losing 10-15 lbs a month. The closer you get to goal the less you can expect to lose per month. We probably will have to fight harder/longer to get these last few pounds off, but you can do it! Andi
Caliqt03
on 2/22/08 12:09 pm - Richmond, TX
Andi, Thanks for your response and such kind words of encouragement. But let me get this straight....Are you telling me that I need to eat more to lose more? You know I've heard this before, but you know the norm (for normal people without wls) is to eat less and burn more calories to lose the weight.... It's hard to eat more calories... Maybe my body has gone into a starvation mode and it's maintaining because I'm eating the same things pretty much every day and I need to exercise more to burn more calories...? I know I sound confusing basically cause I'm confused....lol!!! Fran
Andi190827
on 2/22/08 1:24 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
"But let me get this straight....Are you telling me that I need to eat more to lose more?" Well, yes and no. Nothing like confusing you more. lol! Yes, upping your calories will help you out of a stall IF your body isn't happy with the amount of energy (calories) you are feeding it. The further and further we get from surgery our bodies will want more calories. Example; up until mid-January I was in a stall (lasted 33 days) I was eating 750-900 calories a day and doing everything I need to, getting in my protein, water, vitamins, walking, etc. So I upped my calories to 1000-1100 and I lost 12 lbs in 16 days. Now I don't think that is normal, but it was obviously what my body needed to let go of the weight.....at the time, I say at the time because now I'm in another stall (17 days and counting). The reason I said "no" above is because I know my current stall isn't because of too few calories. It is one or a combination of the many other reasons our bodies stall. Sometimes it needs more water or we need to change the workout routine (like Monica suggested) or we eating too many simple carbs or we need to increase protein or change/introduce new food choices or the body just simply needs a break. I hope this helps. I didn't mean to confuse you or add to your confusion. Sorry about that. Hopefully all of us in stalls get out of them soon! Andi
Caliqt03
on 2/22/08 8:42 pm - Richmond, TX
Hey Andi I really appreciate you for giving me some insight! I'm going to up my calories, change my eating a bit (cutting out a lot of the carbs) and I'm going to up my exercise. I think you're right on tract with this. Thank you so much for responding and helping a sista out! I'll let you know how this works out for me. Keep In Touch! and Good Luck to you. I hope your stall ends soon as well! Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views