Fellow July sisters or brother I'm in need of serious HELP

Chelle_06
on 3/6/08 2:02 pm - Independence, MO
Okay kinda of embarrassing here. I Strated at 323 219 day of surgery 194 now I do not pretend to try to inderstand this I AM NOT LOSING and feel like having a tantrum. I need ideas. I drink more than enough water protein has been great all week. Can some one give me a play by play of how to mix this up???? Anyone have plans written down or charted out for like a whole week. I dunno jow much more I can take. I was down to 191 before this and now can't seem to get moving. (as I sit here and cry thinking my weight loss is finished( please someone help me through this I would be glad to just get to 160 so please help a july sister I will forever be indected to you!! Chelle
H A.
on 3/6/08 11:33 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I'm doing the same thing. I drop a few pounds and then jump back up then drop. It's crazy and depressing. I would love to give advice what to do but what I'm doing is not that great. I may contact my nutritionist, though she is very dry and I'm not sure ready for that.
Andi190827
on 3/7/08 12:30 am - Fort Leavenworth, KS
Hi Chelle, I read some of your profile to see if maybe your surgery weight was a typo, because I'm thinking you've lost more than 25lbs since surgery. And I'm glad to see that it was the case. You had me scared there for a bit. If you haven't go ahead and read the weekly weigh-in threads. You'll see a lot of us are in stalls. So don't be embarrassed; we are all experiencing it. Usually they will go away all on their own eventually, but seems like an eternity at times, I know! So you asked about changing things up a bit to maybe help move that stall along. Well you could try to.... ....adjust your caloric intake. If you aren't getting in enough calories your body can go into starvation mode and will stop losing for survival. .....Or maybe too many carbs are sneaking into your diet without you thinking about it. Keeping a record of everything that goes in your mouth can help you keep this in check. .....Or maybe now that you are farther out 60-70g of protein isn't enough. Your body might want more and adding a high protein, protein shake to your daily diet just might do the trick. .....Maybe your body has become too accustom to your workout routine. Adding some weight lifting or more intensity to your workout routine might help to break the stall. .....Maybe 64oz of water a day just isn't cutting it anymore and upping it up to 80-100oz will make your body happier. There are a lot of things you can do; those are just a few off the top of my head. Using OH's search engine for breaking a stall could help you find more ideas as well. When I'm in a stall, I stop and take a good look at my daily diet and exercise routine. In the past, I've upped my calories (to 1000-1100) to break a stall. I've upped my protein (85+g) to break a stall as well. But most of the time everything I'm doing is right on track, and so I know my body just needs a breather. Plus, as we get closer to a normal weight our bodies start slowing down the weight loss as well. Sure I don't like it; who does? It sucks! But I continually keep telling myself I'm only 8 months post-op. My body isn't done losing yet. And yours isn't either! As long as we are on track our bodies will lose the weight. Maybe not as fast as we'd like, but this shouldn't be a race. It shouldn't matter if we get to our personal goals at 9 mths or 18 mths. The important thing is to learn all the good habits (making them our new life long habits) along the way while we get there. Also, have you taken your measurements lately? If not, do it. Almost always while the scale stalls our body is still losing inches. I know it is frustrating while we are in these stalls, but just know you aren't alone. ((HUGS)) Andi
H A.
on 3/7/08 12:38 am - NOR CAL, CA
Jupiter6
on 3/7/08 1:29 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
You have lost 25 pounds since July? What's a typical day like for you? What do you eat and in what amounts? I can tell you that losses are much slower for those of us who have recently lost a lot of weight pre-op. For instance, I lost 58 pounds before my July surgery, so I will not lose the big globs of water weight a second time, if you understand my meaning. Otherwise, I would really have a heart to heart with your surgeon. What does he/she say?
Jupiter6
on 3/7/08 1:34 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Wait...you mean you were 319 (not 219) and you're upset that you're 194? I started at 300 on my surgery day and am now 214, and I'm not sweating it. I guess I don't understand what the problem is. If that number's correct (from 319 to 194) your losses are well ahead of the average, so my advice'd be to relax a tad.
Monica P.
on 3/7/08 3:13 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Michelle - First of all, I am so glad that you spoke up and said something. I'd be willing to bet good money that there many lurkers who are experiencing the same thing. I am in the same situation as you, except that the scale has not moved for over a month. I'm really frustrated and angry with my body, I just can't make it lose more weight right now. There were some really good suggestions mentioned in this thread. Most of them I've tried, some I had not considered. This past month has really had a bad effect on me. I'm really angry about it and I've grown tired of talking/posting about what I'me ating and what I'm doing for exercise. My trainer has been quick to point out that I'm much stronger than I was back in September when I first started working out. I can do amazing things that I could not do before surgery. I can run. I can do push-ups. I can lift heavy weights. I'm wearing clothes that are smaller than anything I've ever worn. I'm told by those who have gone before me that this stall will end and that I will lose more weight. But I really have to make a conscious decision to focus my mind on the victories I have achieved so far. Even if I don't lose another pound, I have come a long way from weighing over 300 pounds at surgery with high blood pressure and gastric reflux issues. I am healthier and stronger than I have ever been. You are not a failure Michelle, and neither am I. We are works in progress.
Chelle_06
on 3/8/08 11:01 am - Independence, MO
Thank you everyone for your adviice. I will try to settle down a little and wait to see what happens. I think that I feel that if my loss has stopped for the last five or six weks that it won't pick back up. I am grateful to be where I am today. Thank you everyone Chelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views