My girly parts have gone crazy

Monica P.
on 3/18/08 2:59 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
cross-post from the Cali board..... This afternoon I have an appoinment with my PCP and my gyno (they're in the same building). I have not seen either one since having surgery in July. I wanted to talk to them about my girly parts and my hormones because they're so out of whack right now. Since surgery my cycles have become more and more unpredictable and the PMS symptoms are getting worse. For the past month I've been really blue and anti-social. I've alos been irritable becasue the cramps are unbearable. I'm going through pads like there's no tomorrow. It's hard for me to find the right words to describe it....I'm just not my normal self. There hasn't been anything dramatic in my personal life that would warrant me feeling so down, other than maybe the stall in my weight loss. (Which I think is ending btw) I'm not a emotional person, nor am I someone who cries easily....I just find myself really pushing myself to get outof the house and go places. Once I'm out, I'm ok.....but the urge to stay home and sulk is really strong. Took me a long time to connect all the dots and trace it back to my hormones as a side-effect of the rapid weight loss but that's what I believe it is. Just wanted to post about it because I'm sure there are others experiencing the same thing. Took me a while to recoginize it as something that was happening to me.
H A.
on 3/18/08 3:12 am - NOR CAL, CA
I hear ya Monica. Things are definatly going wacko for me though mine comes out in a sasy bit* tone. My doctor said it would happen the first few months but I feel it more right now than before.
abbiemarie
on 3/19/08 5:06 am - Crawfordville, FL
I actually believe that since surgery, I have become perimenopausal. I have all of the symptoms - especially the hot flashes. The really wierd part for me is that I'm still like clockwork - every 28 days. However, it is heavier and I'm experiencing more clotting (gross, I know- sorry). I even had thermal ablasion after the birth of my second child and still have the dreaded monthly visitor! Emotionally, I'm okay. I'm spending more time outside since the time change -planting flowers, weeding and just enjoying all of the spring blooms- especially the dogwoods. I think that really helps me. I've never been prone to melancholy, just a bit anxiety driven. Hope things get better for you soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views