Do you all worry, like I do, that your weight loss is just going to STOP?

Nanette B.
on 3/19/08 12:25 am - Allen, TX
My weight loss pattern is so unpredictable these days!! Each month I think that I am done and that I won't lose another pound, and then I may drop a couple. For sure, the loss is hoovering around 5 pounds (or less) a month now. What about you guys? It seems like I might lose all of it within a week and then nothing for the next 3 weeks or so. It makes me crazy!! Do you all still lose at a steady pace? It's like I have no control over my body anymore...it just does what it wants, when it wants. Used to I could up the protein or exercise and make some changes, but NOT ANYMORE! I am working at it now. Nothing I do changes anything...my body has taken me over! I guess I am getting frustrated and I know the last pounds are the hardest to get off, but I really want to get to my goal of 160 (pre plastics), 150 (post plastics). I think that's reasonable for me, so I still have like 38 pounds to go. I have lost 90 pounds so far (thorugh tons of stalls), but at least I have gotten there. I am just wondering what is going on with everyone else's bodies. Can you all control your weight loss at this point? Are you all frustrated too? Anyone got any good ideas for how I can take my body back? Nanette
H A.
on 3/19/08 1:09 am - NOR CAL, CA
I'm at the same point. I'm wondering what to do, if anything. I'm searching the boards to find people that make goal. Somedays its seems like I can do it and somedays it seems like its over. Those that do continue to lose are sticking to the program. So that is what I'm doing. I'm exercising, tracking calories, protein water. That all I can do the rest is up to the gods. I'm going to start swimming soon. I need a new bathing suit. I've grown out of mine Heidi
abbiemarie
on 3/19/08 4:59 am - Crawfordville, FL
I feel exactly the same! I've lost a total of 93, 25 pre-op and 68 post-op. I would like to get to 150 - which leaves 47 more pounds to go. I finally got below 200 - I'm now at 197 and have been stuck here since the 10th. Who knows? I don't have any answers, but just wanted to say I feel the same way!
Amy_in_MA
on 3/19/08 9:41 pm - Danvers, MA
I seem to lose 1 to 2 weeks out of the month these days...the other 2 to 3 weeks, my weight stays the same or fluctuates up a bit. But overall, it's still coming off. Just slowly. At the rate it's going, I am going to believe that I'm not done losing until it's been 3 or 4 months without any loss. It's supposed to slow down significantly...as our body mass decreases but our calorie consumption remains the same, we're closer to the number of calories we need to maintain. I just tell myself that it's ok...I've lost significant weight and I'm ok with where I am right now. I want to get to my goal but not at the risk of my health. So if it takes another 6 months to a year to get there, that's ok. That's what I've been telling myself. Most of the time, that works.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views