weight loss at a stand still at 8 months out..is this normal?????

cristinG
on 3/27/08 1:23 am
HI, This is my first posting here. My good friend told me you are all awesome at giving help and advice! So here goes... I had surgery in July 07. I have lost 100lbs. I am so greatful for that! HOWEVER.. I have not lost weight in about a month, month and a half. I am really nervous that this is it and I will not lose any more. And I have about 30lbs more to go to get to goal. Is this normal to lose so much then stop for a while? I eat protein and drink my shakes. My exercise has tapered off a bit due to extra work these past two weeks but that will end this weekend and I will be able to get back to normal with that. I am just nervous about this plateau. How have any of you all broken through? Thank you for your time and advice! Cristin G Vertical Sleeve July 24 2007 Dr. Burpee/Tucson, AZ
nursAmy
on 3/27/08 5:46 am - MO
RNY on 07/23/07 with
Hello, I think there are alot of us in the same boat right now. I know I have lost about 2 lbs since Christmas....which is very discouraging, but there are lots of folks further out than us who are reminding us of the basics, protein, water and exercise.....we are not done. I ampersonally ready to start loosing again though. I am like you in that I have about 30 lbs til goal! Thanks for posting...... Amy
DetroitGirl
on 3/29/08 10:22 am
same has been the case for me... weight loss moving slow since christmastime (though, admittedly, i had grown a bit relaxed with exercise and food choices (more carbs, less protein, etc)... this week i hopped back on track and upped my protein again and it seems as though the scale might be moving again...
jowenm
on 4/25/08 11:59 pm - STATEN ISLAND, NY
I have been away from the boards for SOOO long.. but I was so stuck since Xmas- and I was stuck at 98..SO frustrating.. I just wanted to hit the 100 mark .. well this week 4 down and so.. so 102 lbs loss it is!! Whoppeee!!!! Just needed to know I am not the only one stuck.
H A.
on 3/30/08 1:45 am - NOR CAL, CA
We have all slowed down on our weight loss. This is all I can say about it. Your body has been through a lot and may need a break. Follow all the rules, track your calories and water, and last but not least exercise! I don't loose for weeks then I drop a pound or two. Are you tracking your weight loss too? Sometimes I feel like I haven't lost very much and check the ticker history and I've lost 5 in a month and kind of forgot because it was so slow. You can also be losing inches with out any show on the scale. Good luck. It will happen. Like I said your body may need a break. Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 934 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views