What's up people!!!!!!!

H A.
on 4/10/08 12:02 am - NOR CAL, CA
So what has been going on? Here are some great things, I guess "wow" moments. I've been buying 12's . They fit pretty good The jeans are a little tight but I'm working on that. If I buy 14's they get too lose by the end of the day and I'm going to be out of them soon. XL's tops are a little big. I'm an L and I even have one M (good thing it streches) Nobody recognizes me if I haven't seen them since summer. If I'm with my husband I tell them I'm his seconds wife. We has a torrid affair and just got married. Men are nicer to me, those ba*tards. I feel like a "normal" size person when I go places. I nolonger feel out of place or the outsider. It's spring here is California and I love it. So what's your news!!!! Heidi
sallyone
on 4/10/08 1:35 am - DIberville, MS
GREAT Heidi, Sounds like you are having alot of fun (LOL @ second wife comment...LOL) Been going great here... I have been having to take ALOT of clothes back and get smaller sizes...LOL I am not in a good size 18, I did have to buy one pair of size 16 pants... whooohooo... even though they are stretch... LOL My tops are an XL or XXL depending on which is an 18-20 (cant believe that...LOL) I never thought I would be a size 18 ever again so this is fun. I absolutely LOVE to shop now... I cant wait till I can get completely out of the PLUS size section. I am still loosing weight at a pretty good pace... I will stall for a week or two then make up for it the next week... I am very lucky in that respect. I have lost 153 pounds so far... and gone from a size 34 to a size 18 whooohooo Some things I have noticed... clothes fit much better on the hangers and in the drawers now... LOL (DUHHH) Some one even said I was a normal size like them the other day..>WOW... never thought I would be normal... LOL I know I have a ways to go to actually be in the normal (not obese or overweight) but it was nice to hear....LOL I have ALOT more energy than I use to... I mow my grass atleast once a week now and LOVE it... I am always outside working on some kind of project... gotta find another one... LOL.. I think I am almost done. I hope everyone is feeling great and having a wonderful day. HUGS Susan
H A.
on 4/10/08 11:45 pm - NOR CAL, CA
What an amazing loss, 153 lbs. Do you know that failure rate of the people lossing and keeping over 100 lbs is 97%. You are a success! Your in that 3% baby! Heidi
abbiemarie
on 4/10/08 4:16 am - Crawfordville, FL
I've lost a total of 96 pounds - 71 since surgery. I am still wearing 16's, but could wear 14's. My tops are all XL or L - mostly due to my H*U*G*E arms. I think I would like to have surgery to correct that one day. I also feel "normal" which is extremely odd! I took a friend of mine to pick up her car yesterday afternoon and she noticed a man looking at me and mentioned it. I said he must have been looking at her and she said you've been married so long you don't even notice when men are looking at you. I was thinking about what she said later in the evening and I don't think it has much to do w/ being married for 20 years. I think it has more to do with being ignored or being looked "through" by people, including men, for so long. I don't know if that makes sense or not. I'm really trying to not to be so focused on weight loss as much as how I feel. I'm really trying to eat healthy and stay active. I've been able to work a lot more in my yard this spring. It's very gratifying to be able to keep up w/ my hubby. And speaking of hubby, he is so proud of me and constantly comments on how good I look good.
H A.
on 4/10/08 11:51 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Size 16 is an exciting size. They have them in the "regular" stores. You've crossed over baby! "I think it has more to do with being ignored or being looked "through" by people, including men, for so long. I don't know if that makes sense or not. " This make perfect sense. I liked my "invisibleness" I sometimes feel watched and I don't always like it. There are sometimes I love it Congrats Abbie!
leochick
on 4/10/08 11:06 pm - Edgar, WI
Hi Heidi! What a fun post! I have too been reflecting a lot lately on my new life, body, outlook. So much has changed. I have lost a total of 132 lbs (had a big drop this morning finally after a stall) and weigh 183 now. 183. 183. I never in a million thought i would say that number, let alone any number that began with a 1. I am buying size 12 bottoms and L tops. New bras and panties too, which is probably my fave to shop for. Though my body is by no means perfect, I love putting on my new sexy finds and looking in the mirror. Of course I am unhappy with certain things but you know what, I feel so fortunate to be where I am. I am constantly shaking my money maker in front of my husband, we laugh, and he is glad that I can feel good about myself again. The biggest wow of all is that my surgeon has actually given me the green light (pending my 1 year labs check out, had no issues at all with 6 month labs) to start to try to conceive. I get misty eyed just thinking about it. This was the ultimate goal, and to think we are almost there amazes me. Time has gone by so fast. It actually makes me a little nervous! Am I ready?!?! Hell, we can do anything now, right?!? Again, what a great post. This started my day off right. Congrats to all my LOSER July friends!
H A.
on 4/10/08 11:58 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I didn't know that having a baby was you goal. That makes ME misty. It is wonderful. You are never ready to have a baby and as a friend told me you never are ready for how much work they are. The thing that I didn't know about children is how much absolute pure joy they are. It was the best decision I ever made was to have my children and marry my husband. I wish you as much joy. Congrats Amanda! Heidi
Monica P.
on 4/11/08 2:39 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I love stuff like this! I recently completed a 5k run and my next event will be a 10k in May. I'm building up my endurance & stamina to complete a half-marathon by the endo fo the summer. Today I'm wearing size 16 pants. I was in a rush to get dressed yesterday and all my 20's are too big for me. My 18 are getting looser. SO even though the scale is hardly budging I think I've lost a few good inches in the last month. Men are nicer to me too! I got a date tonigh****ch out men, I'm on the prowl!
H A.
on 4/11/08 4:49 am - NOR CAL, CA
Go you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!