I'm going to ask this question again - Calories

H A.
on 4/29/08 2:44 am - NOR CAL, CA
How many calories are you taking in /day average? I'm taking in 1200 but I wonder if I should be closer to 1000? How many Carbs?
Amy_in_MA
on 4/29/08 4:14 am - Danvers, MA
Typically, I am around 1100 calories. But, my range is anywhere between 1000 and 1200. Yesterday, I had food urges and I went over the 1200 (by about 120), but that was ok because I worked out yesterday (and as such, with regular exercise I'm "allowed" more than 1200 daily, according to my NUT). Carb totals for the day for me can be anywhere between 100 and 175 g typically.
cycobusdriver E.
on 4/29/08 8:48 am - ME
when i had my 9 month check up the nutrish had me do a machine (breath into it for 10 mins nothing to eat or drink for aleast 8 hurs) it told her how many calories i could eat a day. it turns out 1800 cal to maintain 156.5 lbs and if i want ot lose more weight only eat 1400.. I was very surprized by that. but I usually eat 1200 that what i have caluated..and I dont seem to lose weight fast just steady. some months i dont lose any other i do. but very happy at what i have done
vtbrnidgrl
on 4/29/08 10:24 am - Chesapeake, VA
I am taking in 1100-1300 calories a day and I work out for at least an hour a day. My carbs usually total anywhere from 100-125 grams a day.
H A.
on 4/30/08 11:29 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Thank you all. I'm in another stall. Just wanting to put my self in check.
4Synergy
on 5/1/08 8:34 am - Chester, VA
This is going to sound pretty - "ignorant" - but how many calories should I be getting in a day? I am pretty sure that I am not putting in 500 a day - at least not everyday. I seem to have absolutely no interest in food - generally speaking. I have to "block" out time on outlook at work to eat. I am pretty sure at this point that this is all mental ... and will change with time. I am very happy with liquids. I like the feeling of NOT feeling full. My favoriate thing to do is have my Skim Milk over ice! yum yum Second place is a couple of spoons of tuna - my own secret spicy recipe. I do drink a cup of coffee here and there with the right "stuff" in it. Other than that ... I just occassionally try things ... moreso than ever just to get people off my back..."why don't you eat more", "Is that all you're going to eat", and of course "you can't possibly survive off of what you are eating". Well, I have "adopted" a new motto - provided by a good friend (thanks Cali gurl) ... "BE INDEPENDENT OF THE GOOD OPINION OF OTHERS"! I would like to be where all of my gastric bypass class of July 2007 are with regards to eating properly - there is still hope, right?
Jupiter6
on 5/2/08 12:36 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Sounds very very dangerous to me. You need to seek medical attention. The amount of food you are consuming sounds dangerously low and could do you long-term physical harm.
Andi190827
on 5/9/08 8:28 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
I agree with Shari on this. Our bodies can't produce or store protein. If you aren't eating enough in your diet the body will use what ever protein it can find. That is it will break down muscle for energy, and your heart is a muscle. That is very dangerous and can turn deadly. Remember why you had this surgery. More than likely to gain your health, right? I have to force myself to eat most days as well, because I have to, to stay healthy. Most surgeon's recommend at the very least 60g of protein a day. It isn't an opinion that you need protein and lots of it on a post WLS-diet. It is a fact. I hope you can find help with this. I truly understand not feeling hungry or lack the desire to eat. But we eat now for our health, we have to eat. Please ask for help from your doctor/surgeon/nutritionist and get some guidence on how to give yourself the healthiest you. ((HUGS)) Andi
Jupiter6
on 5/2/08 12:37 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
900 calories-- 30% fat, 30%carbs, 40% protein
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!