Not interested in food-is that bad? & U?

4Synergy
on 5/1/08 8:36 am - Chester, VA
This is going to sound pretty - "ignorant" - but how many calories should I be getting in a day? I am pretty sure that I am not putting in 500 a day - at least not everyday. I seem to have absolutely no interest in food - generally speaking. I have to "block" out time on outlook at work to eat. I am pretty sure at this point that this is all mental ... and will change with time. I am very happy with liquids. I like the feeling of NOT feeling full. My favoriate thing to do is have my Skim Milk over ice! yum yum Second place is a couple of spoons of tuna - my own secret spicy recipe. I do drink a cup of coffee here and there with the right "stuff" in it. Other than that ... I just occassionally try things ... moreso than ever just to get people off my back..."why don't you eat more", "Is that all you're going to eat", and of course "you can't possibly survive off of what you are eating". Well, I have "adopted" a new motto - provided by a good friend (thanks Cali gurl) ... "BE INDEPENDENT OF THE GOOD OPINION OF OTHERS"! I would like to be where all of my gastric bypass class of July 2007 are with regards to eating properly - there is still hope, right?
H A.
on 5/2/08 12:06 am - NOR CAL, CA
Hummm, I posted an answer to this last night I wonder what happened I so don't have your problem. I have always loved my food and still do. They best way to know if you are getting enough calories is to track. Using Sparkpeople.com, fitday etc makes is very easy. Then if your still not getting enough calories check with your nutritionist for ideas to bump up the calories a little at a time. There are some good recipes and ideas out there for food. Eggface has some great recipes that might make eating more appealing. As for the gas bags that keep telling you how to eat ask when they got a degree in nutrition? ps I try and eat between 1000-1200 calories / day. I'm going to try and keep it lower to 1000 to get the last 30 lbs off.
Jupiter6
on 5/2/08 12:40 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Whether you're interested or not, you MUST eat. You can be damaging your organs, losing muscle, and basically ruining your good health. PLEASE get some help, before you injure yourself.
sallyone
on 5/3/08 11:52 am - DIberville, MS
I am so like you. Skim Milk over ice has been the best thing ever since surgery (never liked ice in my milk before then... LOL... or as much milk as I drink now too...LOL) But hey that is a GOOD source of PROTEIN!!!! You need to make sure you are getting in enough calories and protein... with that being said Do the Best YOU can do. I dont track my calories or anything... I did it for a *****ard to do when you only eat a few bites and are done)... I think I was around 600-800 calories for that week. What I did find to make eatting easier... have easy things in the fridge. Pre-packaged individual servings of cheese, or cottage cheese or yogurt(still cant stomach that). I make my famous chicken salad (walnuts, cranberries, pickle, chicken and miracle whip).. YUMMMM... once a week and eat off that for lunch all week with a couple wheat thin crackers. Breakfasts I usualy just do 1/2 english muffin with PB on it or cream of wheat or a piece of cheese. Dinner is usually whatever meat the family is eatting (chicken, beef, or fish). Snacks are usually cheese. I drink Skim Milk ALL OF THE TIME... I go thru prob 1 gallon every other day if not every day (only my 5 year old drinks milk with me in my house, hubby cant tolerate it). There are some days when I forget to eat... like today...LOL we were leaving the house and I told hubby wait I havent eatten anything, so I run in and get cheese...LOL Do what you can, try your best to eat enough protein and drink you water and take your vitamins... keep yourself happy and healthy. Forget about the people telling you to eat more, if you have problems go to your Nut. HUGS Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views