H i ,It's been a while...

dnw0523
on 5/5/08 10:47 pm - kensington, Canada
Hi everyone, I haven,t posted or even checked the site in about 2 months or so. I am so embarrased about my self disipline with food.I couldn't even get my self to check the site because I felt reading about everyone's successes would make me feel like more of a failure.I have actually put about 7lbs back on.It's amazing how those 7lbs feel like a ton! So I 'm trying to convince myself to quit my own pity party and ask for help and advice. I am very proud of all you successes out there.I think we've all come to realize the journey we've taken has helped us and soo many, but the bad choices that got us here in the first place will always be alternative if we let it. Anyway,I'm sorry about my whining ,I just figured if any one could understand where mentally I'm at in this stage of the game,it may be on of you. Thanks for listening. Donna
H A.
on 5/5/08 11:44 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I'm sorry you are struggling Donna. Try and come to the boards more often. It helps me stay focused knowing others out there are working through the same issues. All is not lost. We all stumble. One day at a time Heidi
H A.
on 5/6/08 1:47 am - NOR CAL, CA
Hey Donna, I just checked out your profile pics. Your running? I can't run. You go. You are doing it. My weight fluctuates - this week I can be anywhere between 193 and 188. Keep on Keep on! Heidi
dnw0523
on 5/6/08 1:09 pm - kensington, Canada
Hi Heidi, Yes, I'm running.Right now, it's the only real positive thing I'm doing. I try to race every weekend. I have done a half marathon in Feb.. This is the only thing keeping me going right now. I love running.Ans have come to find out that I'm pretty good at it.If I could get all my weight off , I could really go along way!
H A.
on 5/7/08 3:25 am - NOR CAL, CA
Ok then you are not doing as bad as you think you are. Get rid of carbs, protein first, blah blah blah. Pull out the info your doc gave you and get back to basics. If your a cold turkey kind of person start right this minute. If not every day get a little better. Start with getting your water in today. Tomorrow only good carbs and eat your protein first. I heard something today. "No body's perfect, but work everyday to be a better person." Heidi
Colleen G.
on 5/8/08 2:29 am
Hi Donna, Do you attend support group meetings? We were just talking about this at our meeting the other night. There is a lady that is two years out, who has been eating pork chop sandwiches from her second week out, chips, candy, ect. She has still attended the meetings, and she talks about all of the food that she can eat...She had one of those moments at the last meeting, where it just "clicked" Our nurse said that everyone struggles, and that it takes some people a bit longer than others, you just have to use all of your availiable resources. That said, if you are running, you are already a success in my book xoxoxo
SarahF
on 7/20/08 5:56 am - Braintree, MA
I'm eating anything I want and have gained about 4 lbs. I haven't lost anything in a long time either. I also feel hungry all the time. Colleen, your words helped me realize I need to get back to the weight center and find some support meetings. I also think therapy is a good thing...helping me figure out why I'm sabotaging myself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 934 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views