The Non-Scale Weigh-in - Part II

Monica P.
on 5/12/08 4:37 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I think it's time to do this again. The stalls and slower weight loss seem to be discouraging sometimes. So here's how it works. Without using the scale, share your progress. What are things you can do now that you couldn't do before surgery? How has your health improved? How has your attitude towards food/exercise/health changed? How do people see you now? What kind of compliments do you get? Here's mine - On Saturday I ran 7 miles. SEVEN MILES!! I do it in intervals, walking 1 minute, running for 1. Before surgery I don't think I could even run for 30 seconds as 300+ lbs person. When I finished, I felt fine...just a little tired. On Sunday my sister did not recognize me in a crowded restaurant. It felt awesome... Dates - I go on lots of them. Not many 2nd dates, but at least I have options now. Size 16 - I'm beginning to fit in size 16 clothes. Even as a teenager, I was never a size 16! I'm now smaller than I was than when I was in high school! Food - I had breakfast with a friend and commented that I felt like a pig because I ate almost half of an omelette. To which he sarcastically replied "Yeah, what a pig...you almost ate an entire egg." Remember how much you used to eat??? Belts - not only do I love to wear belts, I need to! My pants are all too big. Ok, your turn..... GO!
H A.
on 5/12/08 4:49 am - NOR CAL, CA
Great idea Monica. I live in a small town and have to reintroduce myself to everyone I have not seen since weight loss. I've can tie my shoes and not have to tie them on the side. I can lift my leg higher and bend over farther. I love wearing loose clothing. I was at our local fair all weekend with our animals and my feet did not ache after. I was rock'n it in my cowgirl boots that I could no longer wear when my legs were too big. I am the energizer bunny! Next! Heidi
Monica P.
on 5/12/08 4:58 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Boots! I can't wait to wear boots!!! It'll be a while until my calves are ready, I come from a long line of women who have thick legs.
H A.
on 5/13/08 11:32 pm - NOR CAL, CA
It was a good thing I had jeans on. They were a bit snug on top. I love the look of a dress with boots. I'm going to wear that this fall, I swear! Heidi
Amy_in_MA
on 5/13/08 1:08 am - Danvers, MA
I am physically far more capable of doing active things, moving my body, and it feeling GOOD to move my body than I was being MO. I can see the definition of my biceps and triceps and that makes me feel like I have really sexy arms (cut arms really do it for me, LOL). On Saturday, I went with the baseball coach's wife to get coffee and saw someone who has not seen me since I had WLS. The coach's wife has only known me thin. The two women are friends and the one instantly said "oh my gosh, did you lose like a bunch of weight or what????" I am dating again...and feeling far more confident about my body and have more stamina for intimate activities. It doesn't hurt my knees to be on top (TMI, sorry). My size 6 jeans are getting big. The vinyl dress I wore almost 10 years ago and I looked hot in? Is now sort of too big on me. My brother told me that I look great after seeing me on Sunday for Mother's Day. When my son says "I'll race you!", I can and do. And I often win.
H A.
on 5/13/08 4:47 am - NOR CAL, CA
Let's see some updated pics girl! I want to see this "vinyl" dress.
Amy_in_MA
on 5/13/08 4:52 am - Danvers, MA
I took them this morning...when I get home later tonight I will post them.
Amy_in_MA
on 5/13/08 2:05 pm - Danvers, MA
Here ya go Heidi. You'll have to excuse the haggardly appearance. It was this morning, before shower, hair or makeup. http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc259/amy_in_ma/Image2-18.jpg http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc259/amy_in_ma/Image1-15.jpg
H A.
on 5/13/08 11:34 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Wow Great job! Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!