WOW moments are very suttle

H A.
on 5/15/08 12:20 am - NOR CAL, CA
This morning I put on my size 12 pants. No big deal they pulled on nice, buttoned easy and I look and they are just about a perfect fit. Then I think about it. Hay, a month ago I was complaining about my size 12's being too tight for prime time. They cut me off and were uncomfortable all day long. I've been thinking about these wow moments. I've really slowed on my weight loss and I've been thinking ok well maybe my time is over. The reality is I'm still making progress. It's just takes a little more effort to realise. Good luck everyone, stay motivated and keep on! Heidi
cycobusdriver E.
on 5/15/08 1:04 am - ME
isnt it a great feeling tho..after 9 months out and we are still losing..my size 12 pants are loose in the legs and butt and little snug in waist but i know i will get it..other pants are 4-12 funny how pant style fit different.. Got to love RNY..summer is coming you will lose more..congrats.. barb
vtbrnidgrl
on 5/16/08 12:12 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I've been feeling the same way and it has been a frustrating two weeks. I can't seem to lose any weight, I have been fluctuating between 4 lbs. for 2 weeks now. If only I could get over this little hump and be in the 160's I would be satisfied enough to leave the scale alone for a while, but I can't seem to stop weighing myself. I do it at least 6 times a day and it depresses me, but I can't seem to stop. I also can't seem to stop snacking at night. I know I am doing this to myself, but for some reason after 6:00 I get the munchies and they are STRONG! I need to start keeping myself preoccupied but I can't seem to get re-focused. My weight loss has been excellent, but now I am really fighting the deamons inside. Any words of wisdom?!?
Monica P.
on 5/19/08 4:37 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
The WOWs are more subtle, you're right... I bought a pair of size 16 pants on clearance from Target ($6!!) and I was happy with them and all....but I had to remember that never had worn a 16 before. Ever! Even as a teenager I was a 20 or 22 at my smallest. A size 16 would never have gone over my knees before surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1382 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views