9 1/2 months out...going s l o w l y now

wendy hail
on 5/16/08 11:15 pm - Clovis, NM
Hi my name is Wendy Hail, and I am from Clovis New Mexico (yes it is in the United States). I had gastric by-pass on July 23, 2007. I have lost 115 pounds with 47 more pounds to go. My plateaus are lasting like 6 to 8 weeks now, then lose about 2 or 3 pounds then right back to plateau. When this happens I increase my workout, and really watch what I am taking in, but it doesn't really seem to make a difference, I still end up on the plateau for a LONG time. Is anyone else having this problem?
Nanette B.
on 5/17/08 12:06 pm - Allen, TX
I feel your pain! I lose an average of 3-5 pounds a month now and I still exercise too. I am glad for the loss, small as it is though!
Laurie D.
on 5/17/08 12:12 pm - OR
RNY on 07/16/07 with
Hi Wendy, I too am losing more slowly now....averaging 5-6 pounds a month. Wi**** was more but I will take it.
cycobusdriver E.
on 5/17/08 8:47 pm - ME
Congradulations on your weight loss.. I had my surgery july 20 and have lost 76lbs,, Who would of thought this surgery really works...lol I also am a slow loser have been since the start. I look at it as less skin that is going to hang. It is discouraging but 115lbs in 9 1/2 months that is great.. keep up the great work. I think we all are going to slow down at losing and just maintain. On thing my nutrish told me was cut out eating so much cheese and peanuts.. since I did that i have lost more. Just a thought I love cheese and peanut.. Barb
wendy hail
on 5/17/08 10:59 pm - Clovis, NM
Thanks guys! I feelbetter now, knowing that I am not just messed up, but completely normal with all my surgury siblings! THANKS!
Amy_in_MA
on 5/18/08 9:32 pm - Danvers, MA
Congrats on your losses to date! Things definitely slow down. You said you up your exercise. Do you log your food intake? Have you done that for a week here and there at least to see where you're at with food and making sure you're still on target for your nutrition goals?
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views