closing in on our 1 yr surgerversaries

linda_989904
on 5/20/08 3:06 am - Montpelier, OH
Hi all, I don't post too often but am a lurker. But I got to thinking that our 1 yr surgerversary is coming up pretty quick and am wondering how close you are all doing at making your 1 yr goal and what's keeping you motivated to get there. I started at 409 and am currently at 228. My goal for 1 yr was to be under 200 with my ultimate goal around 180. I'm 5'9" so that isn't to crazy. I've been worried lately that I won't make it to my goal and have been very frustrated about it. I can't believe how slow my scale is moving and how much it bounces up and down now. I have been trying to walk more and have even starting jogging. Me jogging? who'd have thought that?? But my scale still just doesn't want to move. I know most of us have 2 months to our 1 yr but to me that seems to soon and too much for me to lose yet to make my goal. So I could use the words of encouragement to me and I'm sure others as we all reach this amazing milestone in our new lives. Linda
sallyone
on 5/20/08 3:23 am - DIberville, MS
Hey Linda, We started close to the same and are around the same weight now too...LOL I started out at 395 and today I am 231... my weight goes up and down all month long with no big losses like before. My goal is to be 190 (lower if I can get there). Right now I am trying to loose 10 pounds per month, and I am not hitting that... so with that being said my goal for July 31st is 205... I am not sure I can make that... but that is ok... look at how far we have come so far. Congrats on all your progresses so far. Susan
Amy_in_MA
on 5/20/08 6:01 am - Danvers, MA
This may seem strange, but I really didn't have a one year goal set for myself. I am happy with the progress I've made in this past year. I don't expect I'll be at goal by my surgiversary, but I'll be darn close.
cycobusdriver E.
on 5/20/08 11:00 pm - ME
I have met my goal.. I wanted to be at 160 by july 20 and I have done it and then some. I weigh 153 as of this morning..It going up and down 3lbs or so ,, I am very happy with my journey. I wont make the surgeons goal of 145 but I dont care I have very pleased at where i am.. Now to maintain is my goal.. If I lose anything under 160 I say it all bonus..But I have only been losing 10 lbs in 3 months which is slow now but I think it is better I dont have any sagging skin...but still have a belly..not know where as big..I can feel my bones,, my ribs its all good.. very happy with me being happy and healthier.. Barb
H A.
on 5/20/08 11:56 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Way back in the beginning I had a fantasy about loosing all my weight in 1 year. The reality is my body wants to slow down on this weight loss. I've lost 125 lbs since last May and I'm pretty happy about that. I have another 30 lbs to go and I'm giving myself to December 08 maybe January so I work hard through the holidays. At this point my goal is just to do the best I can by my surgerversary and mark it as a very happy day. With good luck and hard work I'll have a great big number to report lost on that day. Heidi
carli brown
on 5/23/08 3:45 am - spokane, WA
HI , i started at 417 and now am down to 228 as well and am 5"9 and am slowly still loosing I really dont have a 1 year goal but I do know that I would like to get to 199 and I have to focus on how far I have come in the last 10 months and when I reach that goal whenever it might be I will celebrate that as well so just remember to think about how far you have come and that you are doing great !!!! have a great day carli
vtbrnidgrl
on 5/24/08 5:12 am - Chesapeake, VA
I really thought with all the exercise I have been doing I would hit my goal of 150 lbs. by my 1 year surgerversary. As of today I am 170, and very happy with my progress down from 305, but am a little dissapointed that I won't meet my goal. Next week I have to go in to have my gall bladder removed and for 4 weeks post-op I won't be able to go to the gym, so there goes any hope of losing even 10 more lbs. before my 1 year mark. I am going to do my best to lose while not working out, but NOT gaining is going to be my major goal. My body and my eating habits have become accustomed to 60-90 minute cardio workouts daily and my caloric intake is at 1200-1300. I am going to have to drastically cut calories in order to make up for the absence of the workouts. This scares the mess out of me, and I am afraid I will not be able to do it. Any advice?!?
Monica P.
on 5/27/08 3:55 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I didn't have a one year goal, but I thought for sure I would have lost 100 pounds by now. I'm close though, I'm about 4 pounds away. I think my expectation was higher because I exercise so much. It's a little disappointing to be working my butt off only to be a 'slow loser'. Thank God I started taking meds for my slow thyroid, I had a stall that was almost two months long because of it!! In the next two months, I definitely want to hit one-derland. It's about 17 pounds away. I think I'm gonna make it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 934 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views