Does anyone do this????

MsGriff07
on 6/1/08 10:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi to all my surgerisis's out there!!! Can you believe our surgiversery is running up on us Whew that was quick....Here's my question to you all: Does anyone out there waste too much food ...I feel so guilty wasting so much...... I think I want a certain thing and get it home then i don't want it and then it stays in the fridge until cleanout day meanwhile I don't remember it was in there it's horrible!!! Example today i threw out pasta and shells, shrimp toast spring rolls bbq chicken wings from BrotherJimmy's(NYC) potato salad, seafood salad, cookies from the famous cookie place(Reading Terminal, it's a philly thing) OMG it is terrible...HELP!!! Does anyone do this?
cycobusdriver E.
on 6/1/08 7:53 pm - ME
Carla, I cant believe it is coming up on a Yea..I am so happy with my weight loss. Yes I do the same thing with throwing food out, what a waste. The only thing I have found that works really well with out throwing any out is the Banquet frozen dinners. They are only a dollar and just the right size fills me up. I know the frozen meals are not good but I dont waste food. and the bonus its quick and easy. Then I just cook for hubby Have a great day Barb
wendy hail
on 6/1/08 11:38 pm - Clovis, NM
GUILTY!!!! Yes I am right in it with you! My husband says thats how I got obese in the first place, because I worry so much about wasting food! So I would eat it. NOT ANYMORE! I just waste... You are not alone!
H A.
on 6/1/08 11:45 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I have a lot more food waste in the house now that I don't eat as much. I guess I was the big left over eater. I'm really learning about portion control right now and what should be the last bite. I feel awful if I take one bite too many. I'm learning when I cook to only make smaller amounts.
Monica P.
on 6/3/08 4:35 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I toss out food all the time. I have not guilt or regret about it though. How many years did I abuse myself as a human waste disposal by shoveling food down?? No more!!! When I'm full at a restarant it is rare that I bring it home with me. I leave it behind. I buy bags of pre-washed salad and chicken to eat for lunch during the week, on Fridays I often throw away what is left. For me, it's liberating. I feel kind of proud that I couldn't finish something and don't feel the need to consume it all. I wish I could get a little bit of the money back, but I don't miss the food.
MsGriff07
on 6/3/08 5:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
Actually that's a great way of looking at it !!!!(LIBERATING)I feels great to not have that thought that you have to eat it.... Im pretty use to that thought, Now....I just need to stop bringing the stuff home with me ...because i know I am not going to eat it(sometimes i do after a couple of days and I discover it by accident) Thanks everyone for the input I really appreciate it
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 934 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views