vitimins

cycobusdriver E.
on 6/3/08 7:37 pm - ME
Hi everyone, I was wondering what everyone is taking for multy vitimins and calcium, b12. I have been having trouble taking my calcium before surgery Calcium botherd my joint and now it is back doing it again. I stopped taking them for 2 weeks and the my joints stopped hurting. But I know I need to take them so Im back taking them only one a night every other night. I take: Womens day multy- walmart brand Calcium with vit D- Member Mark- sams club brand B12-Windmill sublingual Biotin 5000 mg Rexall- walmart Anyone else had the problem with calcium Barb
abbiemarie
on 6/3/08 10:51 pm - Crawfordville, FL
Barb, I take the following: 1 Centrum Silver Chewable 1 Iron Supplement 1 Calcium Citrate That's it. I'm sorry I'm not sure what the dosages are on the Iron and the Calcium. I just had labs done and they all came back within normal limits. Abbie
H A.
on 6/3/08 11:53 pm - NOR CAL, CA
1st thing in the morning (5:30am): 1 Chewable multi (Centrum at the moment - IMO higher quality than Flinstones) 1 Bariatric Atvantage 29 mg Iron chewable 1 B-12 (Tue, Thu, Sun) 2000mg (my B12 was high so it was recommended to slow down) 8:00 1 Bariatric Atvantage 400 Calcium Citrate (with breakfast - I have a candy jar at my desk with BA calcium in it) 10:00 1 Bariatric Atvantage 400 Calcium Citrate (with snack) 12:00 1 Bariatric Atvantage 400 Calcium Citrate (with lunch) 3:00 Chewable multi 7:00ish 1 Bariatric Atvantage 400 Calcium Citrate (after dinner) I just switched calcium to the last pill in the evening because someone told me I would sleep better. So I tried it last night. I slept well except when my cat knocked over something. Silly cat! I just asked at my support meeting last night about the amount of calcium and was told 1400 - 1600 mg/day of Calcium Citrate. I was worried that I was taking to much and might develop kidney stones.
Amy_in_MA
on 6/5/08 6:07 am - Danvers, MA
I take: Before breakfast: 1 Centrum Silver Chewable 2 325 mg Ferrous Sulfate (generic store brand) 1000 mg Vitamin C (generic store brand) 50 mg Zinc (this will stop in about a month) (generic store brand) 2 Colace (generic store brand) 2 doses of Benefiber Lunch time: 1 Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Lozenge Dinner time: 1 dose UpCalD powder Bed time: 1 dose UpCalD powder 1 Omega-3 Gel Cap (Trader Joe's) 1 Sublingual B-12 (Trader Joe's, and I only take this every other day) 1 Probiotic with Acidophillus (Trader Joe's)
heysheesh
on 6/8/08 11:57 pm - NY
Wow guys,,you take lots of vitamins!!! I take just one 4 times a day. My PA actually just started his very own brand and I just recieved my first shipment over the weekend. I'm really sorry,,I don't know the name right off since they just came out,,if you go on the synergybariatrics.com website you'll find them. They are $24.99 a bottle for a one month supply. If you order more than one bottle at a time they ship free and very fast. I have never needed anything other than these and all bloodworks have been great!! They come in 2 flavors orange cream, which I tried at my last appointment and it was delish and wild berry,,yeahhhh for all of you who only have ever had orange like me!!! I can't wait till I have to open the new bottle. Give them a try,,you won't be sorry. Lisa
Monica P.
on 6/9/08 2:03 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I've become such a pill popper!!!! I wake up at 6am to take my thyroiid meds. I have to take them on an empty stomach and I can't take anything else for a few hours afterwards. At 10am I take a multi-vitamin from Target, a 325mg ferrous sulfate iron, a biotin pill (I don't know the brand), and sublingual B-12 from Trader Joes. At noon I take another multi vitamin and an iron. My PCP was concerned about my low iron levels and asked me to start taking another one. She said I was her only WLS patient that is NOT anemic. SO TAKE YOUR VITAMINS, ALWAYS!!!! Around 2-3 pm I take a chewable calcium that is also fortified with vitamin D. (Vit. D helps your body metabolize the calcium) Once you've created a deficincy from lack of vitamins it is very hard to correct and you could potentially damage your organs. Don't let it get to that point, take care of your body!
iluvnyy2
on 7/10/08 10:54 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Hi everyone, I've been taking a flinstones multi vitamin for a year. But now my surgeon wants me to add some extra iron and calcium. I really hate pills (my flintstones are gummi bears) so chewable that are not disgusting would be preferred. I'll probably eat a tums with calcium for the calcium, but still need to get in more iron. Any recommendations?
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views