Down to the last bit of weight loss?

H A.
on 6/13/08 2:38 am - NOR CAL, CA
Me too. I want to lose 28 more pounds. I think this is going to be my biggest challenge. I'm losing more slowly and feel the hunger back. Of course I've heard all the blah blah blah about its just a number. I don't care. I want to make goal cause I love the challenge. So...anyone got any motivation and tips how to get down to goal? I'll work them. Presently I eat between 1000-1400 cals a day. Swimming 3x/week 25- 30 minutes - (believe me this is hard - lap swimming 25 yard pool - after 25 minutes my sholders hurt so I stop) Elliptical or walking 1-2X 30 minutes Bike riding when possible. Shopping when possible I would like to start jogging - but I've been procrastinating.
Nanette B.
on 6/15/08 12:01 pm - Allen, TX
Hey Heidi... I am right there with you! I am at 185 and would like to lose down to 150-155. I think you and I started out at about the same weight and have lost very similarly to each other. I think I am averaging about 3 pounds a months (give or take). In fact, since January I have only lost about 25 pounds. I am not sure what to do to get the weight coming off a little faster, but I am thankful it is still coming off. I was thinking about doing a version of the 5 day pouch test. Not to "test" my pouch, but to get off those pesky carbs that manage to sneak in and I think I also really need to increase my water intake. No matter what we try, I think it would be good to have a partner to try it with, so let's make a plan and try it for a week or two. I think being accountable to someone might be helpful. What do you think? I am open to trying just about anything that's reasonable and healthy!! Nanette
H A.
on 6/16/08 5:17 am - NOR CAL, CA
I do need to keep track of my eating. A few extra things makes it's way in to your diet and its hard to get it out. I keep skipping days on sparkpeople. I think I can publish my journal. I'll learn how to do that . It will keep me more honest. I keep reading about people several years out that gain 20-40 lbs and it really scares me that I may not get a handle on this.
Amy_in_MA
on 6/15/08 9:34 pm - Danvers, MA
I'm here with you too. I have about 13 lbs. to go (if I go by today's weight). I've bounced up and down about a lb. the past month or so. I eat between 1100 and 1400 calories daily (at least this past week...I was eating no more than 1200). I am on the elliptical 35 minutes 3 to 4 times per week, and I do weights for my upper body 2 times a week (I aim for 3, but usually don't get that...I do always get 2). I may add just a simple 5 more minutes to the elliptical. Much more than that and I know I won't maintain it.
H A.
on 6/16/08 5:18 am - NOR CAL, CA
Slow and steady does win the race Amy. Though I don't think its a race I couldn't find a better slogan I want to get it off and keep it off.
Monica P.
on 6/16/08 7:29 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Wow, you're in the final stretch!! What a ride you've had! My only comments are on your exercise routine. It's terrific that you are doing the walking and swimming, the cardio is going to help with the weight loss. Keep it challengin!, If you find yourself not sweating as much or working as hard during those workouts, make it more challenging. Or pick up a new activity to challenge yourself. Some fitness magazines talk about your RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) on a scale of 1-10 to measure how hard you are working during a cardio workout. levels 1-3 are about how fast you would move if you were going somewhere and were on time. level 4, 5 & 6: about the pace you'd move if you were running a little late level 7, 8, & 9: you are late to a job interview, hurry!! level 10 - the plane is about to leave the gate without you!!! An ideal cardio workout will be somewhere between levels 6 - 9. Also, I would suggest adding some weight training. Building some muscle mass will increase your metabolism to lose more weight and will give you a leaner, thinner appearance. Perhaps buy some weights or resistance bands and a DVD to work with at home. Not sure if you're member at a gym, but they might be a good resource too. Good Luck!!!!
H A.
on 6/17/08 6:22 am - NOR CAL, CA
Thanks Monica. Very good advice. I am a member of a gym though my schedule won't let me add weights in until the end of summer. I would say the swimming is about a level 10. Swimming 25 yards freestyle takes some lungs. I just started this really steady about two weeks ago and hope to continue over the summer. I really need to get the weights in though. When working on the elliptical I think I'm cheating like a 1 or 2. Funny when I started this gym at 312 lbs I went into cardio mode really easy on level 1 Thanks for all your advice. I'm going to work it. Giving up at this point would be a bad thing. Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views