OMG I still look like [email protected]

sallyone
on 6/20/08 10:25 pm - DIberville, MS
Ok, I have lost almost 170 pounds and I feel great and I am proud of what I have acomplished so far but WTF!!!! Yesterday was my son's birthday party (5 years old) and I was in alot of videos and pictures this year being more active and in the middle of things. Here I am thinking that I am looking goooood.... 395 pounds down to 226 pounds.... well looking at the video I still look like cr@p. I still look big and fat and I cant believe it. To ME I dont look like I have lost any weight but in my head and neck, my body is still big and fat. I am getting disgusted with myself.... this month I think I might have only lost 1/2 a pound... my weight keeps going up and down from 225-228 and I cant get it to move any further. I have changed my eatting and I am working out more but WTF. I am sorry for being such a downer... I know if I tell hubby about it he will say something like you look great and look how much weight you have lost (blah blah blah)... he tries to be supportive but I dont know if I want to hear that from him or not right now. I came here because I know someone knows actually how I feel... and might understand where I am coming from. HUGS to ALL Have a great weekend. Susan
Nanette B.
on 6/21/08 2:54 pm - Allen, TX
Aww, Susan...I am so sorry! I do know exactly how you feel. Intellectually, I know that I look better than I did, but a lot of times I still see the old FATTER version of myself. So, here's a kick in the pants to get you back on track...and to quit being so hard on yourself! What YOU said was right, look how far you've come! YOU DO LOOK MUCH BETTER THAN YOU DID!!! I can't actually see you, but you've lost 170 pounds...that's a whole person!!! Sure, you may still have further to go, but you aren't done losing yet either. My loss has really slowed down (I think all of ours has!) and we just can't lose the faith. If we keep working our tool, exercising, and following the rules, the weight will come off. It just will! You might be stalled a little after 170 pounds, but it will start again, I guarantee it. After a year, you know as well as I do how the losing goes...it goes at it's own pace and we have little control over the plateaus and stalls, RIGHT? We are all here supporting each other, so never apologize for being a downer. I may not write a lot, but a read a lot, and your posts have often encouraged me when I really needed it, so I hope mine will do the same for you. Be patient with yourself and try really hard to see how far you've come. Go get an old picture BEFORE any weight loss and see the difference from then to now and remind yourself that you really do look much better than before...heck, you are almost to onederland!! It took time for us to put the weight on, and it's gonna take some time getting all off. You have done simply outstanding and I personally don't see how you could have done any better than what you have!! Take care and be kind to yourself. You are your own worst critic...I, for one, am terribly proud of you!! Take care!
H A.
on 6/22/08 9:00 pm - NOR CAL, CA
My weight loss has slowed too. But we have to keep on trying. This is the hard part of the game and little details matter. You are doing the right things and I've seen many people continue to lose. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Remember these things: Take out some picture of you at your highest weight. Remember how you felt carrying around that weight. Take out an old pair of pants you use to ware or shirt. Try it on. When you exercise remember how hard it was to complete just a portion of what you are doing now - if you even could exercise at all. Remember what you use to eat in a day and look at you logs and see what your doing now. I'm sure there is a huge improvement that will show over time. Look at your measurements then and now. Think about the quality of your life that has changed since this surgery. YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL!!!!!!! Please don't get down on yourself now after losing 170 pounds. You deserve an award.
linda_989904
on 6/28/08 11:54 pm - Montpelier, OH
Oh honey. I so completely understand what ur saying. My highest was 409. I'm now holding steady around 225, only 3 lbs less then my 9 month checkup. I know that every time I look in the mirror I also see the old me. Legs, stomach, arms all look just as huge to me as they did a year ago and the only thing smaller that I can see is my face also and I have collar bones that stick out. And so agree about the hubby thing. He always tells me how great I look and he would be thrilled if this is all I lose. His biggest fear from the beginning was I would become a stick and he likes that I still have a little 'meat' left on me. I have my down days. I want that scale to say one something. That was my goal all along. just to get to 199 would make me the happiest and I'm still hoping to get there. One day at a time. But when the scale ticks me off, I just put on my new size 14 shorts and it makes me feel much better. I have come a long way from size 32 that I was wearing a yr ago. We can still do it. But we saw the change everyday. It makes sense that we don't see the difference like others do. Kind of wished I didn't look in the mirror for a year so I could go "OMG LOOK AT YOU!" We do look great and have come a long way, but yes we still have a long way to go. Just something you can try. I took my before pics and 9 month pics from the dr and put them on top of each other and held them in the light. I was finally able to see the difference then when you can see just how much bigger those before pics stick out compared to the current one. It helped me start to see the difference. Plus, why not try taking your tape measure and put it around you at the measurement you were a yr ago. I couldn't believe I was that huge. But trust me, you don't look like crap.
4Synergy
on 6/1/09 2:34 am - Chester, VA
Get back on track - that is what you are good at.  You must be good at it - YOU GOT THIS FAR.
No pitty-party today - CIB is the next best place to start.

Hang in there - you are NEVER alone - you've got sista-girls - all around you.  I am one.

Stay the course my dear.

Synergy
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1379 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 933 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views