1 year anniversary!

Joelle F.
on 7/7/08 9:05 am - Greenville, WI
Hard to believe a year has gone by! How my life has changed! Since 12 months ago I: a.)lost 132 pounds (168# current weight) b.)stopped requiring use of c-pap c.)no longer have knee pain d.)wear regular size clothing e.)can run up and down stairs without getting winded f.)can get up and down off the floor with ease to play with my kids g.)realize that when people look at me, it's because I look good and not because I'm so fat h.)fit in any seat, chair, or bench without being uncomfortable.... and list goes on and on. My family and I were recently watching home videos of our kids from 5 or 6 years ago and seeing myself then made me really uncomfortable and disgusted that I let myself get that way... 300 pounds and looking so unkempt. It made me uncomfortable to see the effort it took on my part to move my body. But this fight is not over, it's just beginning. Now comes the hard part- maintaining all the changes I have made. I find myself struggling with emotional eating in times of stress... surgery has not fixed that. So I'm still learning... it seems to have been a cycle of success, small failures, and regrouping. One obese woman I know at work has referred to me as the "poster child for gastric bypass". I would hardly call myself a poster child! Many have gone before me and have also succeeded. I haven't done this flawlessly. But if I can be a role model for someone and urge them to take steps toward better health because of my health improvements, then I am honored to be that inspiration to them. And I accept that position with a sense of great responsibility to not only maintain my weight loss, but to continue to make healthy choices for myself. This is my goal. Sorry I don't have any updated pics to share. I hope to get them on my profile soon. Thanks for reading!
cycobusdriver E.
on 7/7/08 11:42 am - ME
Congradulation on you 1 year out..what a wonderful job you have done,,keep up the great work take it one day at a time to maintain,,,just enjoy everything you have done for yourself,,to be happy and healthy. Mine year is coming up the 20th.. Barb
Joelle F.
on 7/7/08 11:59 am - Greenville, WI
Thank you, Barb. Congrats to you as well, and everyone else here as they approach their anniversaries!
Amy_in_MA
on 7/7/08 9:33 pm - Danvers, MA
Happy surgiversary Joelle! Yes, I know what you mean about feeling like the "real" work is just starting. When we're losing so fast, it's very motivating...makes it much easier to keep focusing on the right choices. We can just keep plodding through his...one day at a time, together.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 627 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1381 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 935 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 807 views