Plastics anyone??

Monica P.
on 11/9/08 9:47 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I was lucky enough to have three free consults with plastic surgeons at the recent OH event in Los Angeles. All three agreed that I should lose 20 more pounds before I can have a lower-body-lift. I thought I had another 50-60!!! I'm closer to the end of my weight-loss journey than I thought!!! How about all of you? New boobies? new arms? new thighs for anyone in the near future???
Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Jupiter6
on 11/11/08 9:55 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I am more or less done losing-- and will be having a blepharoplasty and mini face lift this winter, and a brachoplasty/mastoplexy/abdominoplasty this summer. I won't be having the lower body lift-- I find the results are "boxier" than I like, and won't work well with my body shape--and hell, I don't want 360 degrees of circumferential OUCH anyway!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Nanette B.
on 11/15/08 10:39 am - Allen, TX
I am doing more than thinking about plastic surgery, I am having a breast lift and tummy tuck on MONDAY!!  I am nervous, but excited.  Just nervous about the pain, but I truly believe the results will be worth it.  If all goes well, I want to do my arms next...I'd love to do something with my thighs, but I am more scared about those than anything, so I may just have to live with them!  I feel like I am at the very last stage of this journey and unzipping the last layer of my fat suit.  Best of luck to you! 

ps.  Your avatar is just beautiful...you look fantastic!

Nanette
FlaDandi
on 11/21/08 11:15 am - Sarasota, FL
OMG.... that is exactly what I want... please give details when you get home.  GOod luck!!!  I am so excited for you!
Nanette B.
on 11/22/08 1:14 am - Allen, TX
Well, they took 11 pounds of skin from my tummy.  I'll be posting pics soon, so check my profile.  I will require us to be friends since I don't want pervs looking at my naked pics!!  I look really, really good. In fact, I just want to stare at myself. I haven't looked this good since my late teens.  I just can't beleive the difference.  It also seems that my weight is falling off again since I have had no appetite since surgery.  That's a good thing since I still wanted to lose about 10 more pounds and i was more or less at a stand still.  My breasts are perky and look like that of a 20 year old and my tummy is FLAT, FLAT, FLAT!!  It's unreal.  Now for the bad part...it does hurt.  It's not terrible, it's manageable with pain meds, but the soreness is deep and the walking all hunched over causes your backand thighs to hurt since they are taking up the slack.  Finding a comfortable way to sleep is also a challenge and the drains suck, but overall...IT"S SO WORTH IT!!  I have no regrets.  I went in wearing a size 10/12 before surgery and would almost guarantee I'll be an 8, possibly a 6.  I can not wait to tuck in my shirt and wear a belt.  It's my LAST WLS goal.  I'm happy to answer questions, so feel free to ask!

Nanette
H A.
on 1/2/09 2:25 am - NOR CAL, CA
Congratulations!

I would love to see some pictures. I hope to someday have a lift and a tuck.

Heidi
laurie_40
on 1/29/09 11:37 pm
Nanette,

Did you have a breast augmentation or just a lift?  My poor boobs are too deflated to simpy have a lift.  I feel like I could model Ethiopian swim wear.  I too am pondering the tummy tuck and augmentation.  I so wish to have everything done.  when I look at my lower half I see a 75yr old woman instead of some one in their 40's.  I am like many of us who are scared about the 360 degree of pain.

Let me know how you are feeling.  I rarely post and I don't even think I have a profile but I come often to see what is going on with those of us who had surgery in July.

Thanks for the help.
Laurie
aimee43
on 9/12/09 4:34 pm
Hi Nanette, I was online this evening looking for women that have had a TT and came across your post. I'm scheduled to have mine on 10/2 and I'm very nervous. Your post made me feel a little better. I'm really concerned about the pain after wards. I'm not a wimp but I hope it's not too bad. The surgeon said "it'll be about 2 wks till you feel human again". That' kind of scared me. After it was all said and done, are you glad you went through it?  Thanks, Amy 
Jean M. B.
on 1/31/09 12:57 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, fellow Julyers!  Great to hear how everyone is doing!  Would any of you be willing to talk about how you are paying for your plastics?  Insurance, savings...?  Thanks, Jean

WLS!

current wt:  177.8  I'm in the Century Club! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 622 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1372 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 926 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 804 views