I think I'm a bypass flunkie

Tajuana
on 2/18/09 12:02 pm - Richland, MS
I wrote a lot on this forum after my surgery but haven't really been on in many months
I'm a year and a half out of surgery and I feel like I should have done so much better than
this.  Before surgery I weighed 292 now I weight 192
I did get down to 185 but I'm slowly creeping back up
I feel like I can eat WAY to much I can almost eat like a normal person
why did I do this to myself
I'm thinking about going to my doctor for a revision or maybe seeing if I
can do the Switch but i don'.t know if that is possible
I'm nervous about telling my Doctor I'm a failure
shortly after I had surgery I became pregant with my fifth child I don't know
if being pregnant effected the outcome of the surgery b/c I was
encouraged by my OBGYN to make sure I got in plenty of calories to
support the babies growth so I guess I must have fought myself to train myself
to eat again   :(    Don't get me wrong my little Garrison is the love of my life and
I wouldn't trade him for the world I just wish his birth would have come before my surgery.
Does anyone have any advice or does anyone else feel like they've stopped loosing weight and have now hit their new "normal" weight
win1
on 2/27/09 1:42 am
Sweetie, you're not a bypass junkie... you lost 100 lbs and you had a baby! You did great and yes, I'm a year and a half out too and it is scary when you can eat alot more food and you can see old habits creep up again. But it'se not unusual. Just remember that it's never too late to get back on track. I started at a similar weight to you... and there was this period of time not too long ago where I kept fluctuating up about 6 pounds. I got back on track and now I'm down again. What I can suggest is that you go to a support group. This can really help keep your head in the right place. Especially when surrounded by people who may be in the same predicament. Also, exercise is important. Even if it's just light walking. 

Linda_S
on 3/30/09 11:25 am - Eugene, OR
I haven't been on our surgery month site in ages.  I wanted to second the opinion of the other poster -- You are NOT a flunky!  100 pounds is an awesome loss.  It does get really, really easy to eat a lot after a year or so.  Do your best to spend a few days drinking protein shakes if you can stand it.  Maybe have some yogurt in the middle if you get really hungry.  I'll bet that you'll begin to feel the restriction again.  The tool never really goes away, we just pu****s limits.  Consciously cut back on your food, stick to liquid protein for a bit, then cut out the carbs and eat sensible meals.  You'll get back down there.  I know you can do it!

Linda

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 622 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1372 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 926 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 804 views