Anyone else have to do pre-surgery liquid diet?

PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/22/09 12:54 pm - TX
I'm psyching myself up for it.    I'm hoping to do Slimfast LowCarb instead of the Bariatric Advantage powdered protein---bleck!
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/09 1:41 pm - Peabody, MA
I am starting the HMR diet tomorrow which will be exactly two weeks before my surgery date.  I have already tasted it and it is not bad.  Too bad it does not qualify for the protein shakes after surgery. that is what I am worried about.  It seems like everyone is unanimous on how awful they taste!  LOL!!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/23/09 4:35 am - TX
Max Protein is the best I've found so far.  I bought chocolate and vanilla for after surgery and it isn't bad at all--- no nasty after taste.  Plus, I bought a bottle of sugar free Hershey syrup to doctor it up a bit.  I think getting it really cold helps a lot too.  I mix mine in a blender bottle then put it in the freezer for 20 minutes or so. 
saletiajohnson
on 6/22/09 1:53 pm - anchorage, AK
iS IT really gross? I was thinking about ordering some. How long do you have to do liquids for? I only have to do liquids 1 day prior. But I have to go on atkins on the 4th! THE 4TH...Bye bye BBQ.
inocencess3345
on 6/22/09 3:25 pm - philadephia, PA
 i also have to do the 2wk liquid diet!....im scared i might do something wrong, ive been having nightmares..lol....my surgery date is 7-28-09, and im freakin out.....
Shirley_Mc
on 6/22/09 8:31 pm
I will be on FULL LIQUIDS six days before, CLEAR LIQUIDS the day before and the first week after; then FULL LIQUIDS again.  Still trying to find the right Protein for me.  :)

Remember - if you look at it as eating for healing, you won't do anything wrong....because you have the common sense to NOT eat what might make you feel worse or hurt.  ANd if you/we do something wrong, I presume, we will end up vomiting.  :)  LOL

TexasTC
on 6/23/09 11:14 am
OK! Thank you for saying it, I also am feeling these feeling too. My surgery date is set for July 27th and I am getting cold sweats at night about it. Having a hard time concentrating. I have been researching everything. I'm glad to see that I am not alone in the way i feel.....
inocencess3345
on 6/23/09 2:39 pm - philadephia, PA
believe me u r not alone.....what i try to focus on is ...the after surgery results.....thats the only thing that keeps me goin......
Gena L.
on 6/23/09 12:27 pm - Canal Winchester, OH

My surgery is 7-28 also...wanna keep in touch??  I also have to do the liquid diet...ugh!  but anything for the 'cause'...i guess.

inocencess3345
on 6/23/09 2:31 pm - philadephia, PA
sure that would be nice ...we can support each other.....how do feel now that the date is gettin closer?....i dont if i should be excited or scared....lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1066 views