What's your To-Do list Pre-Op??

KristeMitchell
on 6/23/09 3:23 am
I am just thinking about my To-Do list prior to having surgery on the 10th.  Here are some of mine:

1.  Clean up bedroom.
2.  Get baby in his own room. (ok, he's not techically a baby, he's 20 months old)
3.  Clean the baby's room out, it's kind of become a storage room.
4. Buy a Bariatric Multivitamin.
5.  Buy some protein powder.  Not too much or too expensive because I hear our tastes change.
6.  Stock up fridge with post-op foods. 
7.  Work out childcare issues while I am in the hospital.  Recruit help after I get home and hubby goes back to work. 
8.  Clean house and do laundry (UGGGGG!!!) Maybe I'll give myself an early B-day gift and hire someone to come and clean for me.  Doubltful since I have a hospital co-pay to consider...

Still thinking about other things...What's on your list?

JENNI S.
on 6/23/09 4:50 am - Highland, CA
I did the same thing. But, the night before surgery something would not let me relax until I wrote a letter to each of my kids just in case. They were only to be deliveried to them if something went wrong. I KNEW I would be FINE. But I sure wnated them to know how much they meant to me. I am home with them and they have no idea that i wrote them but, it gave a peace like none other.

just thought!

hugs to you
authorization  was given  on 6/3/09
 starting weight  -293
current weight 146

JENNI S.
on 6/23/09 4:51 am - Highland, CA
p.s. its not an easy thing to do so if you do make sure you are ALONE.... TEARS WILL COME
authorization  was given  on 6/3/09
 starting weight  -293
current weight 146

saletiajohnson
on 6/23/09 2:11 pm - anchorage, AK
Ahhh the to-do list!
Well... After reading a little.

1. Getting some awesome PJ to mobb around the hospital in
2. Order some sample protien drinks
3. getting soft food,like apple sauce, and uhh... I can't think of much more I need help!
4. paying my bills!
5. clean my room
mymar816
on 6/23/09 10:40 pm

Morning July-WLS folks,
Uhm... Uhmmmm... What is on my to-do list...

1. make a to-do list
2. steal you guy's to-do's (clean room, buy vitamins and protein shakes, get groceries)
3. pack a hospital bag.

Guess I need to work on my plan. Thanks for getting me on the ball. Great post.
My

KristeMitchell
on 6/24/09 4:24 pm
Maybe you should make a to do list to make a to do list about making a to do list! Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Erin B.
on 6/24/09 1:32 am

My To-Do list is similar, but I don't have kids, so alot of that is off the list. Surgery is July 1, so much of it is done.

1. Clean Kitchen ---- spotless - Almost there, just need to finish fridge

2. Have protien available. - Done, I bought tons of samples and have some RTD ones from the hospital
3. Laundry - I started this, I want everything done so that I can go a while before having to do it again.
4. Get rid of the stuff I can't eat and replace with stuff I can eat - Will be done on Monday
5. Line up "help" for month of July and warn them it could be into August. - I am a single homeowner so I will need help with lots of stuff. I don't want to risk hernia, so I need help with hauling trash, mowing the yard, weedwacking, filling salt in water softener. My laundry is also in the basement, but I have decided I can just carry small amounts a bunch of times rather than a basketfull at once.
6. Stock up on drinking water
7. Get bandages, vitamins, Pepcid AC for post op - Done
8. Find new lies to tell my mom so she will go away and leave me alone. - In progress - I don't think I will ever be done avoiding her.

I really think I am ready for this. I have been preparing for 18 months so I've had lots of time to learn from others about what is important. I am just really worried about making sure I have help with lifting and stuff. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I don't want to risk hernia so I'm trying to really plan ahead on the day to day home maintenance stuff I do.

Good Luck to all the July surgeries. I am so excited!!!

saletiajohnson
on 6/24/09 2:17 pm - anchorage, AK
Ive waited abou the same amount of time you did! But, longer lol. I was always too worried about not getting approved and getting my hopes up so I never really planned. But now im stoked! What kind of protien did you buy?
pamelafortune
on 6/24/09 1:47 am - The Woodlands, TX

I'm getting very nervous...my surgery date is 7/2.  Here is my to do list:

1.  Clean out fridge.
2.  Clean out pantry.
3.   Stock with post-of foods
4.  Purchase gas-x strips, liquid tylenol, and chewable vits.
5.  Purchase baby spoons
6.  Have all laundry done!

Pamela

TCB...taking care of business in a flash!

SW: 187 CW: 157 Goal: 120
Erin B.
on 6/24/09 3:24 am

Instead of baby spoons I went to World Market and bought ****tail forks and spoons. They are small like babyspoons, but they look grown up. I bought some small plates and bowls there too. Somthing about eating off of primary colored plates with baby animals on them and using plastic coated spoons was bothering me. I want to be able to sit and the table with my signifigant other and eat a meal without feeling like I belonged at the kiddy table or the playland at McDonalds. I know it's my hangup, but thought I would let others know there are options.

Good Luck!!!!! One week away, its so exciting.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 950 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1068 views