got my surgery date 7/27

mike460
on 6/22/09 8:19 pm - freeport, IL
RNY on 07/27/09 with
i was starting to think i would never get one but it came though im ready right now lets go

Michael A Thruman Sr

Shirley_Mc
on 6/22/09 8:27 pm
I can relate to that one.  :)  It will be here before you know it.  :)

KristeMitchell
on 6/23/09 2:58 am
It's torture right? I finally gave up worrying about it and then it happened.  Of course! Good luck!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/23/09 4:37 am - TX

Congratulations and Good Luck!

mystimel
on 6/26/09 4:52 am - Long Beach, CA
Mine is the same day.
SW:230 CW:159 GW:135

mike460
on 6/26/09 7:08 am - freeport, IL
RNY on 07/27/09 with
HEY THAT'S COOL ARE YOU READY I AM I WAS READY LONG AGO IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN WELL WE CAN GO THOUGH TOGETHER HOW ABOUT THAT GOOD LUCK TEXT AT YOU LATER.

Michael A Thruman Sr

AFRICAT
on 6/26/09 6:18 am - Rich Mind, VA

mine is on the 28th!

what are you all doing to prepare?

i am so undereducated!

i don't go see the nurses or take my classes until the 8th but i don't want to waste the whole week waiting to find out what i need.

v

mike460
on 6/26/09 7:01 am - freeport, IL
RNY on 07/27/09 with
WELL THAT'S STRANGE YOU HAVEN'T SEEN DIETITIANS SYCOLOGIST OR ANY OF THAT STUFF THIS IS THE THIRD PROGRAM IV BEEN THROUGH EVERY ONE OF THEM HAVE HAD MONTHS OF CLASSES AND APPOINTMENTS WIT DOC, DIETITIAN'S, SYCOLOGIST ALL THAT WOW. THAT IS SO WEIRD WELL MAYBE YOUR SITUATION IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS ARE YOU GOING THROUGH A BARIATRIC CENTER OF EXCELLENCE BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME PLACES THAT AREN'T VERY GOOD I WOULD HATE TO SEE YOU HURT!! BUT THAT'S UP TO YOU LOTS OF LUCK . ANY WAY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION I'M LOOSING WEIGHT BEFORE SURGERY AND SYCKING MYSELF OUT FOR IT I AM READY

Michael A Thruman Sr

AFRICAT
on 6/26/09 11:48 am - Rich Mind, VA

oh, wow! i am so sorry i posted the stuff above without making sure that it was clear which appointments i have completed.

so far, i did the general interest meeting, the psych eval, the initial appointment with the nurse practitioner, and also the 2 hours with the dietitian. all those were part of the approval process.

next i am going to start my appointments that they give you at 2 weeks out, but that is not for about 10 days or so.

what i was asking is if anyone has any advice as to what i should be doing with the next ten days. should i be buying anything special? should i be doing anything to prepare my kitchen?

up until 2 months ago when i went in for my psych eval, i have been a vegetarian and vegan soul food caterer and believe me, it sounds healthy but i never had any concern for calories when i cooked. i just used organic stuff that was not associated with animals in any way. after years of being vegan, i can honestly say that i gained more weight eating like that than i ever did before.

so basically, i am trying to get an idea of how to set up my house and have an idea of what kind of money i need to set aside for non-food items. another thing i am wondering is if i should be practicing eating a certain way so that it doesn't drop on me like a falling sky.

please, if anyone has gone through the process of setting themselves up in the last 3 weeks, i would love to know! keep in mind, they only gave me 39 days from the day my approval letter came until i am going to be going in for surgery and i had not expected it to be this soon.

thanks for reading this far down the page, and i am looking forward to the answers, especially because i am thinking that they will help many more people than just me.

adios & ciao ciao from AFRICAT

v

mike460
on 6/27/09 12:27 pm - freeport, IL
RNY on 07/27/09 with
OK I WAS WONDERING THERE IS A GREAT WEB SITE FORE THAT I GOT THIS FROM MY DIETITION www.bariatriceating.com  ITS A GOOD SITE I WAS ABLE TO GET ALL KINDS OF INFO FROM IT INCLUDING HOW TO SET UP UR PANTRY/ KITCHEN CHECK IT OUT AND YA I AM DOING ALL THAT STUFF TO GETTING READY FOR THE BIG DAY WELL HOPE THIS HELPS TEXT AT YOU LATER BYE

Michael A Thruman Sr

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 949 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!