5 more days til RNY

nursekimberley
on 6/26/09 1:12 pm - North Royalton, OH
6-26-09 5 more days til RNY, I am scared and excited. More like petrified. I have just come full circle and regained my independence. I know I am going to lose some of it after surgery but i fought so hard to get it it makes me nervous. I may weigh over 400 pounds but i walk everywhere and do everything for myself. Now, please remember there are things I cannot do. I am speaking of day to day things. I am really nervous about vitamin deficiency. I already have iron and vitamin D very low and on large supplements. I have had the VSG so far.

On another note, my surgery is not considered a revision its step two of a planned two step surgery. a few people have told me what i have being done is only for revisions who gained weight which is not true. This was planned to be done 9-12 months out when I hit the big plateau. That's whats right for me at this time.

My husband has been very vocal against this part of the surgery and that makes it really difficult. He was against the vsg too but came around when I was informed I had not long to live. and would be having the surgery quite soon, this time I was blessed to be healthy enough to get it scheduled instead of on an emergency.

For those of you who are facing or have faced any form of WLS surgery, how did you get through the days before surgery?

PS yes my spelling and typing sucks. Imma tired

Take care and be at Peace. ~Kimberley

HW-578     SW-VSG-564  SW-RNY-418      CW-386       GW-187  
(Planned two step surgery VSG 3/26/08 RNY 7/2/09)

Angel Baby 3-18-2010 missed m/c with d+c

By the way, all things I have posted/commented/breathed are a result of my own personal experience/education/research. Matter of fact, treat it all as a delusion:)

PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/27/09 2:20 am - TX
Good luck, Kimberley!  I can relate to how you feel.   For me, I'm not nervous about the surgery part (not yet, anyway).  The two week liquid diet is my next hurdle.  I'm starting on Tuesday.  

I've been spending my days getting the house cleaned up, grocery shopping, organizing my post op supplies and reading everything I can so I'm prepared when the day comes.   My kids will be visiting their grandparents during my surgery so my husband will be free to help when needed.  

Sharon    
Laura_Illinois
on 6/27/09 3:17 am - Morris, IL
Hi Kimberly,

I just wanted to say, "Best wishes for a successful surgery." I'll keep you in my prayers.

I think your right to proceed with surgery, like you said it's better to plan it than have an emergency. Don't listen to the negative Nellies. You've come a long way baby! (I started out at 409. Now I'm down to 381 lbs pre-op and on my 2-week liquid diet prior to surgery July 9th.)

I've put this surgery off for 8 years and all I did was gain more weight. I'm scared too, but what is the alternative? A life of pain and misery all the time? We have a opportunity to fix ourselves. Let's think positive. We can do this together. Good luck and God Bless. Laura
nursekimberley
on 6/28/09 12:33 am - North Royalton, OH
thank you, all of you.

I find it strange I am nervous too. I had a bad scare after the last surgery, ended up in respirtory failure in the ICU. I actually have to stop and think how much healthier I am now. you guys are right. I know pretty much what to expect. I have been through similar before. I know this is whats best for me at this point in my life. I know the VSG pretty much saved my life. After reading your responses it helped me think a little deeper. THe nerves are from other things not related to the actual surgery but things that will be impacted by it. thank you for your time and support.

Take care and be at Peace. ~Kimberley

HW-578     SW-VSG-564  SW-RNY-418      CW-386       GW-187  
(Planned two step surgery VSG 3/26/08 RNY 7/2/09)

Angel Baby 3-18-2010 missed m/c with d+c

By the way, all things I have posted/commented/breathed are a result of my own personal experience/education/research. Matter of fact, treat it all as a delusion:)

luanne711
on 6/28/09 2:43 pm - Bradford, PA

good luck with your surgery Kimberly.  Keep us posted.  I'm full of alot of anxiousness too.  It's all so very normal.  Keep yourself busy.

Luanne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!