Surgery date July 9 ! Pre-op liquid diet started.

Whitney H.
on 6/27/09 5:14 pm
Hi everyone! Excited to see some other people having surgery the around the same time. I will start my liquid diet on June 30... surgery on the 7th. It's seven days of Atkins Advantage Shakes (4 per day + a multivitamin) and any calorie free/carbonation free, clear, liquids.

I'm afraid of how I am going to feel physically, but so excited to get the surgery. Anyone else concerned about being on all liquids during the 4th of July holiday. My goal is to just enjoy the company of others. I guess that's a first step in reframing my thinking about holidays and food.

Laura- my Dr. said the same thing about shrinking the liver. Congrats on your success with the pre-op plan so far!
kimwebb71
on 6/28/09 4:33 am - IL
hi my date is the same as yours just wanted to wish you luck i start my pre surgery liquid diet tommarrow. mine consists of carnation instant breakfast six a day and 2 cups of broth and water or no calorie drinks .
PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/29/09 7:57 am - TX
Whitney--

The Atkins Advantage Mocha Latte shake is my favorite.  I put it in the freezer until it's almost frozen then cut it open and dump it into my Magic Bullet.  Then, I add: 

1/2 scoop of Max protein powder (chocolate flavor)
1  TBSP  Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup

It's thick and slushy kind of like a real shake.  The added protein gives it a total of 26grams per serving.  To me the shakes go down so much easier when they are really cold.

Sharon
Laura_Illinois
on 6/29/09 1:18 pm - Morris, IL
My God! I think you're on to something! Sounds Great. Heshey's makes sugar free syrup? I'm gonna get me some..... Oh, yeah.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/30/09 1:24 am - TX
I also found Smucker's sugar free caramel syrup.  Between that and all the Torani sugar free syrups I bought at least I won't get board drinking the same thing over and over again. 
Whitney H.
on 6/29/09 2:23 pm
That sound delicious! Thanks for the tip Sharon. I went to buymy Atkins Advantage Shakes tonight, and did not realize how expensive they are! HEB had 4 shakes for $6. I checked out Sams Club and they had 12 for $16, so I got them there. I've only ever had Slim Fast shakes so I'm hoping these are just as good. Has anyone tried the Unjury shakes or broth? Well my liquid diet begins tomorrow! I'm praying for strength!
I live in Houston, TX and teach elementary school.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/30/09 1:35 am, edited 6/30/09 1:36 am - TX
Carolyn H.
on 6/28/09 1:26 am
Congrats on your surgery date. How exciting! I can't wait to get mine.

God Bless you,

Carolyn
Have a great day!                        
Laura_Illinois
on 6/28/09 1:34 am - Morris, IL
Hi Carolyn,
Thanks for your kind words. (I just want to walk through that field of Texas Blue Bonnets!)
PoohkinandPiglet
on 6/29/09 8:00 am - TX
Carolyn,

My friend had RYN last October with Dr. Ferrari.  She had a great experience. 

Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 839 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 952 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1042 views
4 Years!