July 20th

rickysmama
on 6/29/09 11:58 am - Chula Vista, CA
can't get here soon enough.  I"m so excited that I have a date its 19 more days.  Any suggestions on how i can maybe lose a few pounds before then.  I don't know if its because I'm thinking I won't be able to eat that food again or what but I'm craving junk. 
Good luck to all those who are having surgery this month and soon will be big losers. 

Laurie
Jamie W.
on 6/29/09 10:50 pm - Manchester, NH
That's my surgery date for the lap band. I have been enjoying some of my favorite foods now because I know I won't be able to after, but my doctor has me starting a 2 week pre-op liquid diet to help shrink the fatty liver and make it easier for them to do the surgery. He said I will probaly lose 10 lbs. during these 2 weeks. Does your doctor require the pre-op liquid diet? Good luck.  
rynndob
on 7/18/09 10:51 am
Looks Like the 20th is a hot date for all of us.  I started my pre-op diet on the 6th nad have lost 10lbs.  I am a little nervous and hoping that all goes well after.  Good luck to everyone and we are all starting our journey to healthy and happy lives
Shida77
on 6/30/09 6:59 am
That's my date too!!!!! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! I start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet on July 6 so now I wanna drink a bunch of soda, eat McDonalds, and chinese food!

I know that's bad, but I want it!
Theresa D.
on 7/1/09 8:47 pm - Chula Vista, CA
Your date is getting so close, I'm so excited for you!! I'll come see you on the 21st, ok? By then I should be able to drive. OMG!!

This is what I'm doing to lose weight...
Breakfast: Protein Drink
Snack: string cheese stick
Lunch: Lean Cuasine
Snack: 10-20 baby carrots
Dinner: Chicken or steak (about 4-6 oz) and veggies
Dessert: SF pudding or SF Jello

And exercise.... I walked 6 days a week for 2 weeks for 30 mins at least and was able to lose 16 lbs in those 2 weeks

I know everyone is different but I figure I lost probably lost so much because my body went into shock from not having as many calories, sugars, fats and starches. Oh and no soda!!! And drank at least 80 oz of water or Crystal Light a day. I buy a case of 20 oz water from Walmart and I found I drink 3 to 4 bottles at work per night. And of course, I really didn't exercise much before I started this. Maybe this will work for you, it won't hurt to try.

I was able to lose 28 lbs in 6 weeks and have maintain that loss for 3 weeks.

Good luck,
T

Don’t cry because it is over. Smile because it happened. –Dr. Suess

30 lbs lost - Pre-OP

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views