4th of July and pre-op diets

DizneyMom
on 7/3/09 5:30 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hi Fellow July OH'ers;
Is anyone else a little stressed about sticking to their pre-op diet during this weekend? I have found that as long as I'm drinking something (water, crystal light, a protein drink) and keeping busy I'm ok.
But I'm a party planner and all my fellow party planners are talking nothing but food and stuff for this weekend.   Soooooo...yeah....I can honestly say that the food addict in me is waivering.
Thank GOD for sugar-free jello and popsicles!!!!

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.?-Author Unknown

latinamommy
on 7/3/09 6:04 am - Winslow, AZ
Oh yeah!!!  I never thought about sugar free jello and popcicles.  But I am sure going to try that this weekend!!  Good luck making it through the weekend!!
saletiajohnson
on 7/3/09 6:43 am - anchorage, AK
Today is my official start of my pre-op diet..... AND I TOTALLY FORGOT! For some reason today feels like a different day. Good thing I got on this board! lol! Man oh man, I am nervous for tomorow!
Rhondazn
on 7/3/09 7:24 am - Oxford, GA
I dont start my liquid diet until Tuesday. But I am thinking about starting it on Monday. My problem is that my job has a caferteria. That is going to be tuff for me.
Libby M.
on 7/3/09 8:32 am - Buffalo, NY
Hey everyone - Make sure you plan plan plan...I think that is where I got into trouble today at work (My last day there too before my surgery!).  The more prepard you are for "food" the better you will be.  I forgot my protien today during the day, hence why I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown!  I am super scared to do anything this weekend for fear that I'll fail!  I already ate a couple crackers today!  LOL

Good luck all!
Libby
Buffalo, NY
losinglibby.blogspot.com - My WLS blog...and then some.

KristeMitchell
on 7/3/09 2:48 pm, edited 7/3/09 2:48 pm
I totally agree! I am not on a liquid diet, but a low carb no stach diet.  I bought a bento box (google it for pics) at a Japanese dollar store and I LOVE it!! Eggface turned me onto the idea of a bento box.  Her's is cool and has 4 seperated areas that can come out, but was like $20.  I got mine for $1.65 but it only has 2 compartments and a little spot for a fork and vitamins or a crystal lite package, whatever.  I also have a little cooler for it, so I can through in other snacks or my mini v-8.  It has helped so much at work!! I work in a drs office where we have drug rep lunchs at least 1 time a week.  The bento boxes are also super cute! Check it out! I think it is a must for any dieter or for us pre- soon to be post-ops!

Urara logo shot This is the actual box I have.  I have a different bag and I don't use chopsticks.  super cute huh?! I also have this same box in a mustard color!

tkuhlengel
on 7/3/09 12:47 pm - Bogata, TX
Hello!
My doctor clarified the liquid diet as anything that can be sipped through a straw. Yesterday I went through Chickfilet and ordered the chicken soup - broth only. It was yummy! Today I had tomato soup, popsicles, SF jello, protein drinks, water, and tea. My sisters are planning a gathering for tomorrow night. I might have to skip out on the food part; it will be too tempting. My surgery is Wednesday, July 8th. I desire your prayers!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 7/3/09 1:14 pm - TX

I've lost five pounds in five days on liquids so far but today was my daughter's 8th birthday and . . .  I must confess . . .  I had a taste of her .      

Honestly, it was waaay too sweet and I wasn't even tempted to take a second bite.  
Oh, well . . . it's back to my workout in the morning.     

We're going to a 4th of July party and I'm bringing my big water bottle and planning to sip, sip, sip.  I will not eat BBQ, I will not eat BBQ, I will not . . .

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/09 1:52 pm
The family went to see Ice Age today and I thought it was really good.  I've liked all the Ice Age movies.

I got a bottle of water and that was it.  With the girls, they shared a popcorn and a soda instead of getting their own kiddie combos like normal so I felt good about that.  I ended up having some popcorn.  Not a whole lot but some.  I wish I had more willpower to have just said no!
DizneyMom
on 7/3/09 3:25 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Thanks everyone for sharing your story and struggles. It's good to have such great input to help me (and I'm sure all of you) stay focused.
Only water at the movies....and just one bite of birthday cake....wow....you ladies RAWK! That's will power!
I did good today....and my family is really ralleying behind me to help me stay on task. Just 3 more days to get through til surgery.

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.?-Author Unknown

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 837 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 950 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1039 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1068 views