5 day pouch test- day 3

KristeMitchell
on 4/7/10 1:03 am
Hello everyone!
So I decided to try the pouch test as a maintainance tool.  I thought I would look at it like a tune up for my pouch.  I thought I would give it a try after major holidays (Easter, Birthday in July, Halloween, and New Years.  This way quarterly I can refresh myself.  So I just finished the 2 day liquid protien portion.  Yesterday was rough. I did add Greek yogurt and a thicker soup then I would have had right after surgery because I was HUNGRY! I was also hoping it would jumpstart my weight loss since I haven't lost much in the last 2 months.  I was 184.8 on Monday and this morning I was 180.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! That's insane!!! I also just finished my cycle so that probably helped too, but holy Santa Claus Sh*t (to quote Step Brother's movie)!!! Those 2 days without food to chew was worth it! Today I move to soft protien so tuna, canned chicken, eggs, cottage cheese.  Tomorrow I go to solid protien (adding my protien bar back! I miss it) and then firm protien then I am done.  I figure this can help me get off some of the carbs but I am not going to be crazy with myself after this.  I will allow myself to eat more "normally."  I have also uped my protein and that seems to be helping too.  I will continue to add a scoop of protien powder to my morning coffee and faithfully eat my protien bar and my container of greek yogurt (32g + 20g + 24g =76 g) The rest of the day I can eat what I want with the portion restriction my beautiful pouch gives me.  I was skeptical about this pouch test, but I think I am a believer.  Just wanted to share my experience. It might be worth a try to jumpstart the weight loss again.  Here is the website in case you haven't heard of it. http://www.5daypouchtest.com/index.html Have a great day friends!

Misty Gilbert
on 4/8/10 12:09 am - Marshall, IL
Thank you so much for posting this!  It's exactly what I needed!  I have been eating larger portions than I should.... My NUT says 1/2 cup... I was up to a cup.  My weight loss has slowed to a crawl...  13ish pounds since Christmas.  :-(  I am going to start this tomorrow!  Seriously, just what I needed!
*~*Misty*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass;                       
            It's learning to
dance in the rain!

luanne711
on 4/8/10 12:09 am - Bradford, PA
thank you for the feedback on this Kristie.  I suspect one day I too will feel the need to do this and it's encouraging to know it might actually work  :-)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
butterflydreams
on 4/8/10 4:02 am
 Yay! I need to do that 5 day pouch test again too! But I will do it after all my surgery stuff is out of the way. I have to bump up my protein intake before hand and they are making me stop taking my supplements 2 WEEKS before the surgery. So this means I need all the nutrition I can get right now! Excited that your doing so great! I lost another lb today! I was happy but I noticed a trend that I lose when my period starts. Sure enough Aunt Flo came to visit today! 

I wonder how this surgery is going to affect my weightloss? They told me yesterday if they get in there and decide things need to come out I will have a full hysterectomy. I sure hope not! I don't want to go on hormone therapy :( And I am sure that will make me even more emotional! 

Best of luck! 

Valerie 

butterflydreams
on 4/10/10 11:00 am
 What was your final weightloss on the 5 day pouch test? I noticed that with me I am losing when it is that time of the month. And all the other times I am just at a stand still? Weird isn't it? I don't gain it back once Aunt Flo has left town.. so I am not complaining! lol 

KristeMitchell
on 4/10/10 3:03 pm
I didn't weigh in. I pretty much ate normally on the fifth day. I did end up with a half pound gain when I added food back in. Overall it's been a good experience. I'll do it again a few times a year to refocus. I joined a gym to so now I have that to help with the rest of the weight loss. Good luck to you!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 4/11/10 5:33 am - TX
I need to do the pouch test to jump start my weight loss.  I've lost one pound in the last 8 weeks.  I have 10 pounds left but it's still frustrating to not be losing.   I need to step it up before I leave for my vacation to Europe. 
I know I'll be "tasting" too many delicious foods in France, Spain and Italy. 
Danger, Will Robinson!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 839 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 952 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1042 views
4 Years!