A new lease on life.

Joanna S.
on 4/7/10 8:49 pm - Lonaconing, MD
I'm graduating from college in May and my internship has just offered me a job.  A really great job!  I owe it all to the big boost in my self-confidence and self-esteem that the weight loss has given me.  I'm still not thin by any means, but I feel GOOD about myself for the first time in years and years - and I guess it shows.  I'm really happy with my WLS decision.
Life is good!
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

JulieTX
on 4/7/10 11:10 pm - Whitehouse, TX
Yeah Joanna!  Congrats. 
Julie

KristeMitchell
on 4/8/10 1:02 am
Congrats! That is fantastic!!!!!

georgiapeachinla
on 4/8/10 2:34 am
That is sooo. Awesome on both of your sucess stories!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

butterflydreams
on 4/8/10 3:09 am
 Fantastic Joanna! You deserve it! You look great and should be so proud of yourself! (((Big Hugs))) I feel like we have been on the same up and down roller coaster lately! It's moments like these that make us realize just how far we have come! :) 

caniseetoo
on 4/11/10 10:18 am - Glenside, PA
Congratulations!  Yes, life is good!

Laura_Illinois
on 4/24/10 9:40 pm - Morris, IL

Wow, congratualtions! What are you studying and what kind of internship did you get? I am also a "non-traditional" student and will be graduating next Dec. with my associate's degree in Health Information Management. I am looking for either a temporary job or internship to get me through the summer.

I know what you mean about having a big boost in confidence. I feel like I have endless possibilities at this point in my life. I am very grateful.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 839 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 952 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1042 views
4 Years!