9 MONTHS OUT...w/ pic

2_be_me_again
on 5/3/10 7:10 am
Hello Julyers!

Everyone is looking great!  I've missed you guys and are soo thrilled to read how everyone is doing lately.   Let's see... updates about me.... I'm down to 185lbs in just 9 months!  WOW... NEVER could I have believed that I would be this thin again.  I started at 299lbs June 2009 and are now 10lbs to my ideal goal HOWEVER if I didn't lose a single pound more I'd be happy.  I AM  HAPPY.  I AM PROUD.  I AM A SUCCESS!  I'm wearing a size 10 pants, med shirts and a 34 C bra.  OMG... a former 42 DDD and now wearing a padded 34 C bra is soooo amazing to me.  My boobs are now just sacks of skins and no volume.  I look like a melted candle underneath clothes... it's a trade off I guess.  I often forget that I had RNY.   Honestly... after the first 6 months... life is just life (at least for me anyway).  I am normal again.  My BMI is NORMAL.  My health is GREAT!  I can run....I can jog, I walk everywhere in walking distance.  I'm still too damn lazy to cook and often eat out when I do eat.  I'll have a burger with half the bun or maybe a bean burrito from TB... but most of the time, I find it very hard to find something that I actually want to eat.  I no longer crave food like I used to.  I often eat too fast. I often eat too much.  I often forget to eat...like yesterday - I didn't eat a single drop of food.  I KNOW I know... NOT good. I drink my water like I should.  I lack protien amounts that I should get in daily.  I'm a grazer... I eat cheetos like it's an apple. I haven't dumped in months.  For the most part...I'm 70% compliant with the rules of being a post gastric bypass patient.  In any case... I believe I'm doing good although my nut would say I need to do better with food in general.  I don't eat sweets but I don't shun them away either.  I have drank a couple half glasses of merlot and have sipped on a friends beer but I hated the blotted feeling afterwards so I'm greatful that I have this problem cause before surgery - I LOVED BEER. 

I am sooo thankful for this surgery.  My life has changed.  I have changed my ways to become a better person, a better mother, a better friend a better sister and daughter.  I will be turning 30 mid July and have booked my trip to the Virgin Islands for my big day!  I've tried on several bikinis and just got grossed out by my skin problems...so I'm sure I'll be buying a one piece instead. 

Other than that... all has been well with the exception of the people in my life who call me names such as skinny minny, "where did you go", grass hopper, etc etc.  I used to love those comments but now they work my last nerve.  Isn't that something?  People will always have something to say... so I have to learn to just deal with it.

Well...here's a photo taken a few weeks ago.  I feel great and I look great too!

I hope you all have a great day....

Luv Luv,
Brandi

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Ms Shell
on 5/3/10 10:02 am - Hawthorne, CA
You look marvelous darlin you need to come to this months LB coffee so I can see youit's been to long =)

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

2_be_me_again
on 5/4/10 6:17 am
Oh Shell... I miss you guys so much!  I had every intention to come last weekend but totally forgot about it.  I put this months date on my cell calendar... so I'll see you at the end of the month!

THANKS for the comments Ms. Shell... you too are looking STUNNING!

Hugs,

Bran
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Laura_Illinois
on 5/3/10 1:22 pm - Morris, IL
You look absolutely marvelous!

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

2_be_me_again
on 5/4/10 6:19 am
Awh shucks... thank you Laura!!   
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

babyface12
on 5/3/10 1:39 pm
 Girlie you are totally smoking hot!!!!  Awesome job!!!  Enjoy the trip you so definitely deserve it!!!

2_be_me_again
on 5/4/10 6:22 am
Thanks hun.... you are doing well yourself!!

Hugs...

Bran
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

caniseetoo
on 5/3/10 1:49 pm - Glenside, PA
Brandi, you look so awesome!  But you probably feel like I do.  When people tell me how terrific I look I tell them I feel even better than that!  Loving my RNY1

2_be_me_again
on 5/4/10 6:29 am
 Thanks sweetie....   I LOVE my RNY and my SURGEON too!  

We have come a long way....it's soo funny how just a few short months ago - I was ready to throw in the towel when the scale didn't move.  I stopped jumpin on the scale daily/weekly....and sure enough.... I'm still losing! weight but even better - I lose inches more than weight.

Looking forward to your AT GOAL post which should be very soon!  Congrats on your progress!!

Hugs,
Bran 
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

KristeMitchell
on 5/3/10 5:29 pm
Amazing Amazing! Reading your post felt like I was reading my own.  I feel the same way as you do.  This is the norm now.  I am not super vigilent about my eating or exercise but I do what I need to and move on with life.  I hear ya on the melted candle.  I equated mine to a melted wax figure. Either way, not to pretty, but slap some spanx on my gut and i look HOT! Congrats on all of your hard work! You look fab and sound very happy!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 834 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 708 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 948 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1038 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1066 views